Sign in to follow this  
ghiom

VNVA behaviour in descent, regarding altitude constraint

Hello Norman and PSS.I made a few flights on 757/753 this past week end.I ennjoyed them very much. What an aircraft!!!!I believe that if PSS manages to solve the few issues (I ma sure they'll do), this will become the best addon for FS9.One of the issues (maybe it is not an issue) is related to the VNAV descent and the manageemnt of constraints.I give an example.I am descending from FL320 with the following plan:HUTOF 284/27420 (small letters, calculated by FMC)BELGO 284/18500 (small letters, calculated by FMC)FRANX 250/11000 (big letters, set by Pilot)What the plane is doing is:descending to HUTOF and trying to cross at the mentionned ALT, thenalmost level off for some time, before diving again to BELGO and trying to match the constraint, and so on until FRANX at 11000.My understanding was that the plane would do a CONTINUOUS STEADY descent to match the FRANX ALT/speed constraints only and not the others? Is this correct?The ALT at HUTOF and BELGO should be just indications and fluctuating with the actual descent plan (winds, speeds, etc...) In that case, why is the 757 behaving like above?Is this a know glitch which will be fixed?Thank you for your support.Regards,Ghiom Viguie

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

SorryThere is another thread in the forum about this issue. It is known and taken care of.Hopefully.Regards,Ghiom

Sign in to follow this