Sign in to follow this  
Guest davidvoogd

Framerate problems in 757

Guest davidvoogd

Hello,I purchased the 757 a week ago and have been experiencing framerate problems ever since. I tried the VC model, and the 2D only model, reinstalling between to make sure it was a clean install. The 2D seems to give only marginally better framerates. I did check all the performance options in the setup screen - I set the refresh rates all to 6, and unchecked all the options, but still my framerates suffer quite a bit.With most complex addons, I can generally maintain 25 fps (locked), with the odd dip down to 20 fps. With your 757 it runs 15-17 fps.Is there anything else I can do to improve the framerates? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest bbain

I read on some thread here that there is a module used by many popular addons that screws up the FPS on the 757 big time. I forget what it's called, maybe somebody knows or you could try searching for it. Whatever it is, you probably have it and you need to delete it.

Guest NormanB

>I read on some thread here that there is a module used by>many popular addons that screws up the FPS on the 757 big>time. Firstly its only used in one freeware addon that we know of. For whatever reason it's author decided to make the module active even when their plane has not been loaded! A quick search on TCAS will find the file name.btw bbain - don't forget to sign your posts with your real name as per our guidelines.

Guest davidvoogd

forgot to sign David Voogd (if it wasn't apparent from my username)

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.