Sign in to follow this  
Guest coolfront55

Panel lighting for 777

Guest coolfront55

First of all, I apologize if there is a post about the panel lighting and its solution. I had to reinstall my T7 aircraft after a display driver upgrade. When I turn off the dome light for night flying, parts of the panel lettering are white(grey) where they should be lit green(examples:lettering at the bottom of radio stack, near the ground proximity switch, etc)It is not a major issue for me, and I can't remember if they were ever right. Can someone, please inform me of anything that deals with this inquire. I have almost all of PSS's commercial aircraft. I think they love to fly as real as it gets like us. Sorry again if this bothers anyone.George

Guest Victor Sussman

The panel lighting is controlled by the rotary switch on the overhead. It consists of two switches with one nested inside the other. The inner switch controls the dome lighting while the outer one controls the panel lighting.Switch position can be verified by the small white line that is visible when the switch is toggled to 'on'. To turn on panel lighting, switch the outer switch on and then turn off the dome light -- that should solve your problem. :)

Guest coolfront55

Victor, Thanks for your reply. I do exactly how you describe turning the lights on. The problem is, that NOT ALL of the lettering on the panel lights up green, unless the dome light is on. There are letters that are lit up while others are not.Thanks,George

Known issue. I (and many others) have the same problem, and the situation has been brought to PSS' attention via emails as well as posts in this forum.It's always been there since release, and will hopefully be fixed in the FSX compatibility upgrade (which will also fix some stuff on the FS9 version). If it's not, I'm going to scream!

Guest NormanB

>If it's not, I'm going to>scream!Phil, you will need to get in the queue behind me since I know I have seen this working on a number of occassions.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.