Sign in to follow this  
Guest dt1951

Moving TOC

Guest dt1951

The last few flights I have encountered an interesting phenomemon. The TOC marker on the HSI, and FMC TOC on the progress page show that the TOC is 19 miles ahead of me, for the whole flight (KLAX-KATL). I searched on this but couldn't find anything. I am at FL350, my MCP is set to 35000', and the altimeter is set to standard pressure (29.92). This has the effect of not letting me do the TOD. Anyone else seen this?

Guest dt1951

Sorry, should have added this is with the 757.

Guest normanvdm

Maybe a stupid question, but did you set the FMC to FL350 and not accidently to lets say 360 or 370?Norm

Guest NormanB

Or import a plan from FSBuild with crossing levels?

Guest dt1951

No to both. I had the MCP altitude set correctly, nor did I import a flight plan. It was built in the FMC. My previous flight had the same problem.

Dan,I have seen this before - but it was several months ago during testing. I will try and reproduce it this weekend. In the meantime, look at the relationship between cruise alt set in the FMC and that set in the CDU {are they the same}; the step climb setting; and the capability of the aircraft at your specific loading.Sorry if I am "teaching grandmother" but I seem to remember that the problem came from this area.John Rooum

Guest dt1951

Thanks John. I downloaded the newest installer in hopes of correcting this problem. I'll give it a try tonight.

Guest dt1951

Downloading a new installer seems to have corrected the problem. Likely a file got corrupted, but it's also possible the new installer put a more recent copy of the aircraft into my FS.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.