Sign in to follow this  
crash_continental

Co-effients for Autoland (777-200LR)

Phoenix very thoughtfully added an Autopilot co-efficient file for the B777 series, which can be slightly tweaked by the user if they have issues with the autopilot behaviour.I was wondering if the same existed for the Autoland feature. If not, is there anything in the Autopilot Co-efficient file that will affect Autoland? Is there any way else to edit the Autoland feature?My problem is that the Autoland does not seem to effectively flare the aircraft, thus making it to slam into the runway. Strangely, this did not happen in the very original release, before any of the service packs.For the record all my speeds are correct, and my procedures are correct. And by "slam" I mean more than 500-600fpm (as I am in commercial Flight School, I have asked and been advised by my instructors that this is considered excessive for Autoland touchdown). Thanks in advance...- daniel

Daniel,See the post below - "Autoland Question".John R

Thanks for your reply John.Yes, I am aware there is a debate on this issue, and I do use FSPassengers. But what I'm really trying to get at it is something that I can edit, for my own satifaction.(I'm kinda hoping not to get drawn into such a debate... if it is at all possible ;-) )Perhaps someone from Phoenix might have an answer? Thanks again...- daniel

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.