Sign in to follow this  
Guest COA189

PSS 757 Wing Views??

Guest COA189

Hi:Before I start getting bashed for asking this question, I have use the "search" and found all kinds of "beating around the bush" answers to the question if there are any wing views for the PSS 757-200 and -300.I'm looking to a definitive answer. Are there are currently any wing views for the PSS 757-200 and -300. In other words, when I look to the left or right of the plane from the flight-deck will I see the wings/engines?All help, answers and yes, even comments are welcome. Thank You for your time.Fletcher R.P.S. I love the plane, but I really want to see the wings from inside.

Guest NormanB

There are no wing views in the 757 when used in FS9. You could setup Active Camera or Walk and follow, both of which are commercial addons, to obtain wing views but in its default state there are no wing views.

NormanAs far as I know, you won't get wing views with Activecamera.If ever I am wrong, can you please tell how?Otherwise, you can use recorder module which has a facility to define a preset spot view which can be tuned as a wing view. However, there is no easy way to shift from one wing view to another.Regards,Ghiom Viguie

Guest bbain

Is it possible someone could make wing views? I thought wing views could be added to any aircraft.

Guest NormanB

Ghiom,It is a while since I used Active Camera but I was pretty sure you can set views from it. I know that Walk and Follow can do this for sure.

NormanI believe Active camera can view what is the internal model of the AC. Walk and follow (I don't have but I investigated) is like a spot plane locating so that it looks like a wing view.If the wings are not part of the internal model of the 757 (as the Cockpit is), ActiveCamera will not see them.Is this correct analysis?Regards,Ghiom ViguiePS: It is hard to refrain from asking when is the patch coming but I will.

I too would LOVE to have wing views with PSS boeings.Some people ask why on Earth others want wing views while simulating pilots. They can hardly see strobing wingtips from a real cockpit.My answer is: our Flight Simulator simulates much more than just piloting. It is the whole world. It is very enjoyable to watch landing with a wing view while on the Instant Replay. Or admire the world while in an auto-piloted flight.Coming back to the exact topic: as far as I know, it is unfortunately NOT possible to get wing views with Active Camera. With Walk&Follow - yes, it is. But who, having Active Camera, would like to pay twice and get exposed to software conflicts between both applications just for the PSS wing views (regardless of how nice the aircraft really is).Adding wing views in a patch, however, IS possible, after some remodelling. That's how 50North did with their 737s.Don't misunderstand me, please. Wing views are NOT the most important thing to me. But if any serious patches are worked on, this feature is worth being considered.Best regards,Rafal

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.