Sign in to follow this  
Wolfgang Lang

Load editor

>Get well soon norm and thanks for the replyI would think, if Norman has been reading this thread he probably won't want to get well soon?Cut them some slack guys, without PSS you just wouldn't have a decent 757 now would you?Everything comes to he who waits and patience is a virtue. After all, it's only a game. ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest aarskringspier

Here is a thought for everyone:Never become irritable waiting for things to get better. If you are patient, you

Mervyn Edwards

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest NormanB

Thanks to those who have expressed kind words and of course to those who have remained patient, and even those not so patient. PS are not some huge organisation - we are a small bunch of guys who are simmers to the core so when things don't go to plan for whatever reason we all share the same frustration.I am not one to bring my personal life to work but fair to say for the next few days I am still very much out of action. The longest I can even look at a PC is 5 mins.To echo Steve's comments - we will get things to you all as soon as possible.

Best wishes to you Norman. Take your time to recover. I hope you will be ok soon.Kind RegardsRainer(located close to EDDL)

Rainero

Guest AirForcePilot

I've stuck with PSS for 7 years and I always will. I'm sorry to hear about your accident Norman. Get well soon.

I'm very sorry to hear that Norman is not well and he will be in my prayers for a speedy recovery.That being said, his illness is a rather recent development. The problem with the load editor/fuel planner for the 757 is of a much more chronic nature and continues to reflect badly on PSS. My last post, which was written with the same level of vitriole as this, was deleted. I'm not sure why.Also, two emails that I sent to PSS concerning an issue with the autobrakes/spoilers on the 757 never received responses, even a polite one to say "We're looking at it."I am not sure why these problems plague PSS in ways don't seem to affect other developers. I am sure of one thing, though: I will think long and hard before buying again from PSS. This from a person who owns Seneca, B747-400, B777-200 (early version), Airbus Pro, A330-340, Concorde, B777 Pro (all models) and B757 (all models).Bob Jones

Bob,Appreciate your points. But it appears that, for very many reasons, PSS need some slack at the moment.However, in the meantime we can help each other. Many of the problems with the current 757 download have been discussed and resolved in the forum, and the autobrake/spoilers issue is one. It took a long time to sort out in testing but now it is a simple change to some of the aircraft.cfg. If you have not identified the update on the forum, let me know which model you are having problems with and I can help.John R

John,Thanks for your response. I've searched the forum for a fix on the 75 but have had no luck, obviously :-)The model with the problem is the 757-200.Thanks again and, all right, I'll give PSS a little slack. After all, I guess after good results with all the stuff I've bought from them (I still love the Airbus models), they'll probably clean this up pretty well.Bob J

Bob,It depends when you downloaded the 757. Just confirm - the model with the problem is the 757 freighter with the P&W engines and the other models are ok?If this is the case - and you are happy working with ".cfg" files - just copy the contact points from the RR freighter into the P&W freighter's aircraft.cfg.If this is not the case or any other problems, let me know.John R

John,Actually, the problem is with the 757-200 (not the freighter, but the passenger model). Since I mostly fly Delta planes, my problem is with the PW version. Would the fix you mentioned work in this case?Bob J

Guest Phoenix5
Also, two emails that I sent to PSS concerning an issue with the autobrakes/spoilers on the 757 never received responses, even a polite one to say "We're looking at it."
Bob,I never saw these emails, and I am guess neither did Norman as we both like to answer all emails within a few hours of getting them. Please feel free to send the emails to support again, or direct to me via steven at phoenix-simulation.co.uk (remove the spaces).

Bob,You need to download the latest version from the PSS website.John R