Sign in to follow this  
Wolfgang Lang

Load editor

John and Steven,Thanks. I'll redownload the package and see if that helps. As to the e-mails, I was very surprised not to have a reply since Norman has usually been quick to respond. When I didn't receive a reply on the first one, I thought something on my end might have been the problem. When the second one went unanswered that, combined with the problems that everyone has noted in the forum, led me to suspect something more sinister (a slight chuckle). By the way, John, this is my first contribution to the forums in a long time. I usually get a bit put off by all the @#$@$@#$ language and the SHOUTING. Your calm response has made this much easier for my sensitive soul and ears!Steven, I'll try to reinstall the aircraft and I'll e-mail you if the problem persists. Otherwise, you can assume that things are working better.

*I'll preface to say that my comments are personal and don't reflect the opinion of Avsim or my capacity as a reviewer*What that said, I've got to say that this is simply bad business on behalf of PSS. Quite frankly I don't care if PSS is just a small company of a few guys or just one guy, because we are not dealing with buddies doing us a favor, and PSS is not a not-for-profit organization, therefore if PSS chooses to be in business then they are in for a penny or in for a pound.As a professional and business owner myself, what PSS has done was simply give a bunch of excuses instead of giving the product. Whether the excuses are valid or not means absolutely nothing. If the fuel planner was promised and advertised as part of the product and was not delivered then the product is incomplete plain and simple. Excuses don't work in the real world especially when real money is involved. In the real world, contingencies must be built into any project to ensure that the product is provided as promised and as advertised, especially when PSS expects to get paid prior to their product being completed; and right now it is not.I'm sure the PSS team are a swell bunch of guys but this is business, not personal. From a PURELY business standpoint, PSS needs to stop the excuses, and simply provide the product that we all paid for, end of story. Consumer law doesn't provide for sickness, lack of internet connectivity in Malta, piracy rewrites or any other reason for not delivering a product.If PSS cannot deliver (and things do happen), then PSS needs to do the right thing and provide refunds to all those who paid for a product that is still incomplete after almost 5 months. AND mind you, consumer law doesn't care if 98% of the product was delivered. If ANYTHING promised is not provided, the whole product falls under various bait and switch laws. Yes the road to h*ll is paved with good intentions, but that is the burden PSS took the moment they opened for business.I'm sorry if this all sounds harsh and brutal but it is the truth and I'd doubt that anything said can be refuted in most civilized countries. Again, at the end of the day, personally I think the PSS team are talented and probably great guys, but as a company, PSS needs to get it together, because this is simply unacceptable and this is not about liking someone, this is about business.

Guest Panman

Very, very well said.

Guest GW Norris

Sometimes the truth hurts, and Mike has hit the nail on the head.There are suckers born every minute and everyone that purchased the 757, especially the pre release, ( me included ) were suckered. Don't give me the "no one forced you to buy it" routine because that arguement dosen't stand up. I bought it based on ( as advertised ). If it was advertised without a load editor I wouldn't have purchased it, or if it was advertised as ( Load Editor forthcoming at a later date ) I would have waited untill the load editor was available, to purchase the package. I've purchased all but 2 of their products, in fact the 747 for FS2000 was the first add on I ever bought. It's pretty sad, the way PSS has gone on such a downhill road the past couple of years. Personally I don't think they will ever recover to their former glory days. Maybe they don't have the Heart, desire or the will, to truly compete in todays Flight sim market. At least not to those customers that expect proffesionalism and courtesy from the developer.Gary

Guest Sasquatch

I don't know about you, but, to me, this is sad to watch. PSS did such a fine job up until now.Now it's like watching PSS slowly commit suicide.Rick

Guest coolfront55

Despite my frustration also, I still think they make the best all around aircraft of all the ones I've seen. Especially my favorite, Boeing 777-200. When the patch is finally complete, it will only add to my enjoyment of this beautiful aircraft.Trying to remain patient and positive,George