Sign in to follow this  
BadKarmaPT

PSS 757......To buy or not to buy?

Don't support a company that can't deliver on its promises. Or, alternatively, ask on the PSS forum when the company intends to deliver the complete product. ricardo

Guest aarskringspier

>Don't support a company that can't deliver on its promises.>Or, alternatively, ask on the PSS forum when the company>intends to deliver the complete product. >DITTO!

Guest VetJet

It's really sad what's going on over at PSS. False advertising and incomplete product delivery. We need to put 3rd party developers feet to the fire more. I am tired of excuses like "sorry, but real life commitments have kept us from working on the product" etc... When you charge people $60.00 for a product, I think at that point that is "real Life" because now it is a business. At least some level of urgency to make sure your customer base is satisfied should be present. Our best weapon is DON'T BUY THE PRODUCT. I would love to be a fly on the wall over at PSS or Captain Sim. I bet you anything the product sales have fallen short of expectations (especially at PSS) after previous product debacles (the 777 at PSS for example. Weird, the load editor "broke" on that product release also...)Having said all these, I still enjoy this stuff and once I see that the product is complete and the "paying" beta testers are satisfied, I will buy. Hopefully a lot of people are doing what I'm doing to pressure the 3rd party developers to improve their business model.WhadzenPS- Try writing this in one of their forums. The post would get canned faster that a free thinker in North Korea.

>PS- Try writing this in one of their forums. The post would>get canned faster that a free thinker in North Korea.Hehehe how true eh? I have had post's deleted because they have been chosen not to answer.To me, I'm waiting for the REAL sim to be done by Level-D. That one will be good and, they wont/haven't succomed to the 'Get it out quick for sales' attitude.When Level-D deliver it will be complete.

Dave Taylor gb.png

>>PS- Try writing this in one of their forums. The post would>>get canned faster that a free thinker in North Korea.>>Hehehe how true eh? I have had post's deleted because they>have been chosen not to answer.>>To me, I'm waiting for the REAL sim to be done by Level-D.>That one will be good and, they wont/haven't succomed to the>'Get it out quick for sales' attitude.>>When Level-D deliver it will be complete.Too bad it will only be for FSX, right? :-(

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

Guest Northy

Hi Guys,Thanks for all he replys, I think I'll keep my pennies in my pocket untill things develop a bit more over at PSS.I'm a bit surprised that no one who owns the PSS 757 hasn't replied......Are the any other decent 757's out there with a decent panel?Thanks,Regards,Martin.

>I'm a bit surprised that no one who owns the PSS 757 hasn't>replied......>I HAVE the PSS 757, this is why I commented earlier on it being an incomplete product. As others have said, your best bet is to wait for Level D's version. ricardo

Not to buy!I'm tempted to give you my copy, cause I don't use it.But that's illegal right?

Rune B.

Owner here. I am also a little miffed about the overdue load editor but, besides that (minor) point, I give it a thumbs up. Systems detail is not to the level of PMDG, but as long as you're not getting too granular in that respect, it's a fine product with a lot of functionality and it flies great. Jay EklundCAT VI Senior Captain KDENhttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/812321/764.png

Jay EKlund

UVA/GCVA Pile-it

I also own the PSS 757 and I like it!I wish it was smoother, frame rate wise and it has some bugs for sure.But it's still a good bird and enjoyable to fly.I also have the Level D 76 which is better in almost every aspect.But I do like the PSS VC textures better.I also own the CS 75 which at present build is only good for localVFR daytime flying. Still waiting for the final block....(I think this will be my first and last CS purchase).Hope that helps.

I would wait for the REAL SIM : Level-D...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

The PSS 757 is good aircraft. Yes there is an issue with the load editor and fuel planner, and yes it is annoying, however the aircraft as released performs well.For those of you upset about the delays, and I am one, I understand that 2 of the members of PSS are going through their own real world personal crises, totally unrelated to flightsim. I for one am prepared to cut them a little slack. The aircraft works, and there are tools such as FSBuild that can handle fuel planning. I am sure that when everyone is back on deck at PSS then the problems will be sorted.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.