Sign in to follow this  
BadKarmaPT

PSS 757......To buy or not to buy?

Guest AOA

Hi"For those of you upset about the delays, and I am one, I understand that 2 of the members of PSS are going through their own real world personal crises, totally unrelated to flightsim. I for one am prepared to cut them a little slack"Yet they seem to have plenty of time to moderate their forums though.I wish people would stop injecting the personal tribulations of payware developers as they are irrelevent to the folks that are paying for these products.I wonder if PSS would offer a discount if I proved that a member of my family was seriously ill?I think not.Pete

>Hi>>"For those of you upset about the delays, and I am one, I>understand that 2 of the members of PSS are going through>their own real world personal crises, totally unrelated to>flightsim. I for one am prepared to cut them a little slack">>Yet they seem to have plenty of time to moderate their forums>though.>I wish people would stop injecting the personal tribulations>of payware developers as they are irrelevent to the folks>that are paying for these products.>I wonder if PSS would offer a discount if I proved that a>member of my family was seriously ill?I think not.>>PeteI agree. As soon as you engage in a business transaction with someone, your personal trials and tribulations become irrelevant to the transaction at hand. The people I work with would heartily laugh at me if I were to bring my personal life to the table. ricardo

The delay with the fuel planner/load editor was so they could put some type of anti-piracy stuff in it to make it incompatible with pirated copies.Apparantly, illegally downloaded copies of the 757 were outstripping actual sales. Can't say I'm surprised after the disastrous 777 launch. Pre-order customers were able to download the aircraft a day before the general public. For both 757 and 777, the first release was absolutely riddled with bugs that had to be withdrawn and fixed.A couple of weeks ago a post was made saying something would be coming from PSS in the next few days that would satisfy customers. It wasn't specified what this 'thing' was, and that post has now since disappeared with no news on what it was or why it hasn't been released.Then theres the heavy moderation on their forums, where customers asking when they would get the full product they paid for had their posts deleted. It's an absolutely disgraceful way to do business, and I am not surprised at all that alot of people resorted to downloading the 757 illegally rather than purchasing it.

This is a purchase, and company, which should be avoided at this point in time. As mentioned in many threads, the load editor and fuel planner haven't been included in the 757 download, and they have the gall to continue to advertise it's inclusion. The reasons for the lack of this necessity have ranged from piracy issues, then communication issues (geography and bandwidth) and various bugs and other inferred but ill-defined issues. As already mentioned, they have the additional gall to delete entire threads concerning this problem, including responses by Avsim staff.Can intelligent business people do that to their customers and sincerely expect they'll remain loyal customers?My guess is that they simply don't have a load editor and fuel planner available, at least not one that works. Considering other issues affecting the 757, such as low frame rates (no, I don't have that DLL slowing this down), miserable VC operation and some graphics issues (night lighting, for one), it seems logical to conclude that the package was never completed, and may never be satisfactorily completed (based on the company's apparent inability to produce or respond).Too bad because there's a fair amount that's really good about the 757 and 777, especially the hand flying qualities. Right now, however, the 757 remains completely unused here and I'm complaining to my credit card company, not that I expect much lip service.Needless to say, I won't buy from this company again.DaveKACY

Dave Skuback - KBLM

'Cause down the shore everything's all right

Guest Sasquatch

The people at PSS need to be taught a lesson. Let's all start asking for our money back. After all they're the ones who didn't deliver a completed product as they had promised.How about it, PSS? Should we start that movement? In leiu of that, how about timely updates? Do you think you don't owe us that? Or maybe as valued customers (yeah, right!) you think we don't deserve the truth about the loader and planner?PSS, you can rest assured that I, along with others here, won't be spending anymore of my hard earned dollars on anything you develop. I don't like being insulted by your silence.Rick

Guest jaglover

>The PSS 757 is good aircraft. Yes there is an issue with the>load editor and fuel planner, and yes it is annoying, however>the aircraft as released performs well.>>For those of you upset about the delays, and I am one, I>understand that 2 of the members of PSS are going through>their own real world personal crises, totally unrelated to>flightsim. I for one am prepared to cut them a little slack.>The aircraft works, and there are tools such as FSBuild that>can handle fuel planning. I am sure that when everyone is back>on deck at PSS then the problems will be sorted.I'm wondering how much PSS is paying you for your work as their apologist?mark

Guest GW Norris

I agreeWell I think it's obvious by now, over 3 months have passed since the release of the 757 and still no Load Editor/Fuel planner, That us purchasers will never see this piece of software. It dosen't exist and most likely never did. One response from Norman over 7 weeks ago stated that he had the completed item sitting on his hard drive waiting for an approval signature to release it. Do they expect us to believe it takes that long to get an approval? If it wasn't approved it would have taken all of 3 minutes to post on the forum that the approval was denied.If the truth be known, most of the PSS staff that are flight simmers themselves probably fly the 747-400 QOTS or the 767-300 and we all know the developers of each. I would be willing to bet another $60 that PSS's next big announcement will be that they are having a going out of business sale, and each purchase is on an AS IS basis with no support. HA, isn't that what we have now from them?I think everyone should just live and learn and quit bugging them about it and just not buy there product any longer. Then if they decide to release the Load Editor then by all means download it because we paid for it, Then still never purchase anything else from them. Drive them out of business, because companies that treat their customers this way don't deserve any business. The Only way to get rid of them is make them go broke.Gary

Guest aarskringspier

It is really quite simple to solve. Ask for your money back via a refund. Thats what I did and thats is what they provided. You are completely within your legal rights to ask for one, and if refused to get a charge back by your credit card. There is a product and what that product includes advertised, it isnt delivered upon purchase and thus is incomplete for a full charge. Call your card tell em the story get your money back. I would recommend going through PSS support however as they are very kind. I will say this, if those utilities are ever released I will happily repurchase the aircraft as it flies well gets very good frame rates on my machine and is quite a lot of fun to fly. Its not the aircraft its the lack of a fully purchased product.

I've never dealt with PSS and by the sound of the majority, will not do so, now, or in the future.I understand about an ailing mother in the hospital and that distracting from your work. If this is so, then why didn't Norman have someone else oversee his email? When I'm unable to attend to my duties at work, someone is assigned to fill my place until I return. That assures customers that they are not being ignored. Even an auto reply can be done if no one is available to fill in stating that a family emergency arised and the emails will be answered (then give a time or date). Simple and courteous and professional.

I have not seen Norman that terse to be honest, but purchasers' legitimate rights aside, I remember the stress of an ailing mom - I would have cussed you out and offered your money back probably.Having said that, yes, at the best of times PSS' stiff necked attitude about some things is at times rather offputting. They have had issues of late and I really hope they are able to work everything out.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Guest jgreth123

Now that it was moved to the PSS forum ( why?!? ) ....This thread will self-destruct ( get deleted ) in 30 seconds.

Clear statement from a PSS757 owner:Don't buy unless PSS releases promissed fuel/load editor!!!Or wait for the boxed version, that hopefully will contain the utilities, when it will ever be released. ;-)Otherwise I can highly recommend the product.Rainer(located close to EDDL)

Rainero

Guest elyab

Since opened in "FS2004 (FS9) Forum" this topic was out of PSS moderation. Now it is...Regards,Eti

>Not to buy!>I'm tempted to give you my copy, cause I don't use it.>But that's illegal right? Funny you say that since I am in your position exactly.I uninstalled the 757 quite some time ago. Actually wrote PSS to try and get a refund and was denied since they thought I would cheat them or something which I found insulting. I already posted several times here saying that I will never buy any PSS products ever again, but these are being deleted as fast as the free thinker in N. Korea (as someone mentioned before) and just like you, I feel I wasted $57, have nothing, and I am tempted to either sell my copy of give it as a present to someone as a Xmas gift. It's the holidays after all, right? LevelD 757 will be superior, no doubt there. beyond upset and disappointed, Michel.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.