Sign in to follow this  
Guest lylejupiter1000

4X simulation rate on 777lr

Guest lylejupiter1000

hey guysjust purchased the 777LR base pack. did a flight from hong kong to boston and increased the simulation rate from default to 4X. as soon as i did this the plane went out of control by descending rapidly and flipping itself over a full 360 degrees. is there any fix for this or anything that i have to do so that i can increase the simulation rate a bit? dont see myself having a computer on for 14hrs to do a flight. i know the A330/340 had the same problem and there was a fix for it by inputing certain numbers in the fmcthankslyle

Guest tdennis73

Well you can try flying a shorter flight at 1X speed LOL. Also if your aircraft is in fact flipping 360 degrees than wouldn't it be right side up again? LOL sorry. No I haven't experienced those problems. Maybe if you go into more detail i.e. ap engauged, alt, weight and balance, etc. The forum guru's may be of more help.

I get the same but not every time and usually not until it's up to 8x. Weather changes are the frequent cause.No idea why it does it, but suddenly it's all over the place and then falls out of the sky. It's as if the autopilot goes nuts. Sometimes it happens instantly on going to an accel mode, others it can be after two hours.Rick

I think this can happen more frequently if you have large changes in heading or weather conditions. I don't normally use it until I reach cruise altitude and have minimal changes in heading.Ron

Ron Service

Guest lylejupiter1000

well yeah, it really does it when their is a change of weather or weather direction. however, with my pmdg 747-400 queen of the skies it doesnt do that. much more stablelyle

Guest lylejupiter1000

anyone else have input that my solve the problem?lyle

The other possibility is if you have backgound processes or applications running, they could throw a spanner in the works. I normally use FSautostart when running FS. That being said, some developers do not recommend using increased simulation rates. I believe LDS does not support it.Ron

Ron Service

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.