Sign in to follow this  
Lonepilot

My 777 seems to taxi at idle

I dont know if this was discussed before. I did a search and did not find anything. Anyway, I have the 777LR installed (latest base installer) and when I'm below 50% of fuel load (assuming my ZFW is 181.1Tons), the aircraft taxies at idle (17.3% N1). If I raise the fuel load to for ex. 80% or full it's ok, she doesn't taxi.Is the ground idle set too high?Is anything wrong with the ground behaviour?Hope to get some answers.Thanks in advance and best regards;-)

Pedro Lima
"The sky is the home of birds... we are just guests... guests of honor" Peter Besenyei
"...redundancy is very important in aviation; that is why airplanes have 2 wings instead of 1!" M.S.A.Q.
My videos

Guest NormanB

Hi,Nothing wrong with it. Its a limitation of FS. We can give you realistic taxi or realistic flying. Sadly the ability for both doesnt exist.

Thank you for the fast reply Norman!I can live with that. I choose the realistic flying!;-)Best regards,

Pedro Lima
"The sky is the home of birds... we are just guests... guests of honor" Peter Besenyei
"...redundancy is very important in aviation; that is why airplanes have 2 wings instead of 1!" M.S.A.Q.
My videos

i prefer the 'taxxing at idle' cause i feel its more real this way than putting throttle to nearly full to get some thrust like some other ac.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

There's nothing "wrong" with taxiing from a standstill at idle thrust. Some aircraft will, especially at light weights.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Kevin is absolutely correct, the behaviour is not only normal but also likely!>There's nothing "wrong" with taxiing from a standstill at>idle thrust. Some aircraft will, especially at light>weights.>>Kevin

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.