Sign in to follow this  
jaguado

777-300ER close call approaching KLAX rwy 01L

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Haha maybe the problem is that KLAX does not have a 01L. That #### FS ATC, they are so bad that they vecored you to an imaginary runway! JK it looks like you meant 24L or 25L...unfortunately TCAS alarms have become the norm for me at busy airports with all the traffic I have...might try Radar Contact, they vector you realistically and impliment AI smooth to keep AI out of your way on landing.

The problem is not fs ATC, it is people who think they can force a square peg (tons of CUSTOM air traffic) into a round hole (fs9 air traffic system) and have it all just....work?Remember how fs9 was out of the box? THAT is what fs ATC was designed for.regards,Mark

No, FS9 is the problem. ATC will vector planes right after takeoff straight onto their direct course to their destination, without regard to other traffic (you). You could potentially have a near miss like this with you and the 747 being the only traffic within a 20 nm radius. Adding traffic will of course add to the probability of a plane flying way too close to you, but only because there are more planes in the sky. Do not fall for the illusion that because you don't see planes whiz by dangerously close when there is a low amount of traffic that FS9 ATC is actively keeping you separated; that is simply not true.

And knowing this how smart is it to add greatly to this rudimentary system without greatly reducing one's expectations? fs9 atc is not a 'problem' at default, it is simply a basic 'taste' of atc and should be seen as such.This is like saying the default 737 is a problem because there is no apu, or irs, or fms.The answer for people who want realism is a different atc system altogether.regards,Mark

Get Radar Contact. Don't wait for V5 either because it'll be a while. RC V4 with the latest FSUIPC and 4.03 update is excellent. I've been using RC since V3 was released and I'll admit that it took me a while to warm up to it, but now I refuse to fly without it. John Dekker is excellent at providing support through the forum.

Not that I have any dog in this fight :-) But you REALLY Want Radar Contact. As a real world controller, I never cease to be amazed at just how good it is. Just wait for V5!!! Wow.Scott