Sign in to follow this  
Guest AirForcePilot

777 Question

Guest AirForcePilot

Hey Norman. I have a question about the PSS 777. I actually noticed this when the aircraft first came out, but forgot about it until the other night when I was watching a DVD on a United flight from KORD to EGLL. Did PSS only make a panel with 1 display that combined the 3 back-up instruments or is there a way to have it with 3 individual back-up instruments. I've seen pictures with both variations. Just wondering. Thanks.

Guest NormanB

Ian,The aircraft in the DVD is a different beast altogether. The newer models all now have a singular back up instrument - the name for which I have forgotten!It was the subject of a number of posts at the time of release.

Guest AirForcePilot

I couldn't remember if it was something that was ever discussed. You can delete the thread if you'd like.

Norman,Its called an ISFD (Integrated Standby Flight Display).Its common to all new build 777's including the 777-200ER.If you see 3 seperate standby guages its either a B777-200 or a early/mid production 777-200ER.Cheers

Seen pictures of it on newer build 744 decks as well, and not just the freighters.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.