Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andybancroft

Utilities- when are they coming?

Guest Andybancroft

I have re downloaded the 757 but the load editor or fuel planner are not there norman said they should be there by weekend.

Andy (I assume that is your name),Please be patient. The staement said we would have positive news, it did not say the utilities would be ready.RegardsRussell Jourdain (ANZ007/ZK-RHJ)

>Andy (I assume that is your name),>>Please be patient. The staement said we would have positive>news, it did not say the utilities would be ready.>>Regards>Russell Jourdain (ANZ007/ZK-RHJ)It also said the announcement would be made over the weekend. Norman even went so far as to correct someone's assertion the weekend was over. I dont think patience is the issue here, its delivery of product/promises.Leo

Louise

London, UK

Which point on earth does PSS take as a reference for its time? We're definitely approaching 18:00 UTC, usually the common time source. So, weekend is well over IMHO! (needlees to say: no sign of a load manager -- and again, a broken promise from PSS' side...)Andreas

Guest Andybancroft

I just want what i paid for It is now nearly 2007 the 757 came out in august and i want to at least have them before the end of this year. Plus no announcement has been made for when it's arrival date is!

Guest Phoenix5

The expected event that Norman had eluded to failed to eventuate over the weekend. This was totally outside of our control.The release of the load editor/fuel planner is extremely close, but it would not be fair to you the customer or us to place a date and time of release on the forums. It understandably upsets you when we miss it, and it deflates moral for us also.I would like to thank you all for remaining civil about this latest set back, and please know I understand and share your frustrations.

Guest jaglover

>The expected event that Norman had eluded to failed to>eventuate over the weekend. This was totally outside of our>control.>>The release of the load editor/fuel planner is extremely>close, but it would not be fair to you the customer or us to>place a date and time of release on the forums. It>understandably upsets you when we miss it, and it deflates>moral for us also.>>I would like to thank you all for remaining civil about this>latest set back, and please know I understand and share your>frustrations.Steven, with all due respect and civility, it seems that most of the excuses given for the delay of the load editor have supposedly been outside of the control of various people at PSS.It seems that nobody at PSS wants to take responsibility for this fiasco and that nobody at PSS thinks they've done anything wrong. From my point of view this is a greater sin than the sin of releasing the 757 packge before it was finished.While we patiently wait for the release of the utilities perhaps PSS could tell us the truth about the missing load editor? I know I speak for many on this forum when I say your past excuses have seemed anything but truthful.What is important now is that utilities are released ASAP and that management at PSS never lets a debacle like this occur again.Waiting civily for the load editor,Mark

Guest Phoenix5

"While we patiently wait for the release of the utilities perhaps PSS could tell us the truth about the missing load editor? I know I speak for many on this forum when I say your past excuses have seemed anything but truthful. What is important now is that utilities are released ASAP and that management at PSS never lets a debacle like this occur again"I (and this includes Norman and the rest of the support team) have told you nothing but the truth even since this incident started. I have informed everyone of news as I got. To summarise, the utilities conflicted/broke when packaged into the base installer, during the time it has taken to rectify this the ugly issue of piracy arose and security measures have been improved and new code is being developed to integrate all this. The expected event from the weekend fell through (and I have no news as to what went wrong).As to releasing it ASAP, you must believe that this is the number 1 priority at PSS. As to this occurring again, I can assure you that measures have been put in place to reduce this risk to near zero.Once again I share your frustrations and respect and thank you for your civility in these discussions.

Guest jaglover

Steven, thanks for fast reply and thanks for not deleting my post. The latter really does mean a lot to me.I'll fade into the background now and let PSS concentrate on finishing the product.Mark

Guest Steve_Park

>will there only be the loaders or bug fixes too ?I have been lurking in the background for a month or so waiting for PSS to do it's thing and was hoping that along with the Load and Fuel Editor, some of the bug's would be addressed (or at least acknowledged), such as the VNAV descent from T/D to altitude restrictions along a STAR.So the question of this hour is "Will bug's (List Please?) be addressed in the SOON to be announced Announcement?Steve Park

Guest Phoenix5

>So the question of this hour is "Will bug's (List Please?) be>addressed in the SOON to be announced>Announcement?>>Steve Park>Steve,Not the news you want I am sure, but at this stage I can not say with definite certainty if the utilities will incorporate a "bug fix" or if these will be a separate update, nor can I say what issues are being looked at and in what order.

Guest Steve_Park

>Steven, thanks for fast reply and thanks for not deleting my>post. The latter really does mean a lot to me.>>I'll fade into the background now and let PSS concentrate on>finishing the product.>>>>Mark>Me too, thanks Steven.Steve Park

Guest buda

Sitting in Korea right now, but I think "another weekend" is over now for the whole world???Never been patient but paid month before the release and never complained - but this is inacceptable!!I assume, there is no chance to proof the deinstallation and get some money back??What would be, if I would taking care like this for my customers?Norman - you should not write any promises, if you can not keep them!Daniel

>Norman - you should not write any promises, if you can not>keep them!>>DanielAnd you shouldn't assume that everyone is in as good health as yourself.It is Norman's job to do the editors and the nature of Norman's recent injury should have put him out of anything to do with P.C's for a very long while!His head was crushed so, for god sakes, ease off will you?

Dave Taylor gb.png