Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kiwi7572

Navdata

Guest Kiwi7572

Just purchased the 757 to join my other PSS aircraft which I have been a user for sometime....my only problem so far with the 757 is I did not get any LOC/Glideslope indication,I think the problem being having the NAV/CRS radio on the main panel set to "Auto" rather than "Manual" this was also causing a problem on NAV RADIO on the CDU/FMC as prior to the G/S intercept the Freq was displayed which I set to "PARK" but nearer to which the intercept should have occured a check on the CDU NAV RAD showed that freq had changed to say a nearest VOR.I just did a test parked at KSEA RWY 34R and with the NAV/CRS set to "AUTO" I have no ILS indication once selecting "Manual and setting 110.30/340 I have the indiation.The NAVDATA which came with the installation was dated 30th Aug 2006my question is how do I update to NAVDATA # 0612 (I have an credit account with "NAVIGRAPH" the providers of the now user pay service)I install my LD767 & PMDG data into the FMCWP folder within my FS9,I installed the latest version into my PSS main folder,then into the sub "NavData" folder,but when I open up the "CDU" it still shows the older 0608 (I think) 30th Aug 06 version,if I did place the newer version in the correct folder would the CDU show this as 0612?????Thanks for any help....Kiwi 7572

Guest drew melia

HiyaYeah, I had that on the 757 AND the A319/320/321. I work around it by ensuring that NAV1, NAV2 and ILS are set on AUTO. En route, you can use manual settings for NAV1 and NAV2, but once I'm within 20 or 25 miles from touch down, I set NAV1 and 2 to AUTO... also make sure that in the FMC/MCDU you CLR or DEL any manual settings you have used in the NAV RAD page - this reverts the FMC/MCDU to automatic re-tuning.Hope that helpsDrew

Guest Phoenix5

Kiwi7572... please use your real name as per the forum guidelines, makes for a friendlier forum.If you are using the Navigraph/Navdata files then running the installer should install to the correct place. If I remember correctly all you need to do is point the installer at your FS9 root folder.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.