Sign in to follow this  
Guest drew melia

Dear Phoenix....versions & releases

Guest drew melia

Hi allI'm an avid PSS fan! I own the Dash, Airbus Pro collection, the 757 and the 777. I've read quite a few gripes and groans in here about updates and patches and utilities. Frankly, All the PSS models I own, I'm delighted with. I've worked in software development/implementation for fifteen years, and frankly, it ain't always easy to hit the milestones, and you can NEVER please all the punters, especially when someone launches a new platform! Anyway, I am thoroughly satisfied with all my PSS aircraft. My only irritation is if you switch to the 757/777 as "cold and dark", all the bells and alarms go off as it shuts itself down - even if I've already switched the default cessna off before I switch-over - also, the R ENG OIL TEMP warning goes off all the time while I'm on APU - seems to stop if I switch the R ENG BLEED off. They're only minor irritations, nothing to cause me to write "letters to the editor" or throw me toys out of the pram, but I do have a question or two...When patches/updates/fixes/utilities ARE released, how do we apply them? Most of my aircraft are purchased directly from you via download, but the 777 I bought boxed from a shop.Also, how do I tell what version(s) I have?Appreciate all your hard work guys. Great products.Merry Christmas and Happy New YearDrew Melia, PSS Pilot (DVA, BAV, Finnair-Virtual)

Guest Phoenix5

Drew,Update downloaded aircraft by downloading a fresh base installer and running it.CD versions wll need to be updated through the Just Flight website and support forums. www.justflight.com you will need to have the cd/dvd in the drive when you run the just flight update.

Guest Phoenix5

Drew,I do not have the version numbers/dates on me right now, but I can get them later if need be.What is listed in your "My Files" listing will be the most current versions.

Guest Steve_Park

Steven, Yes, please post some sort of way of telling which version we have. I just reran a newly downloaded installer from My Files (Still is version 2.0.0.24 as I downloaded on Sept,4 2006) for the 757, just to see if there was a newer version, load editor, etc and it installed a lot of the errors (BUGS) I had already fixed, such as the Mach .82 (should be .86) limit in the aircraft.cfg. Also lost my AA winglet version until I manually added it back. Running the intstaller to just to find out if you have the latest version should not be an option.Steve Park

Guest Phoenix5

added to the to do list

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.