Sign in to follow this  
w4fej

Purchase question

I want to buy the 757. Got a question. I have a VERY slow dial up connection. Flight1 products are downloaded first then enabled online. There is a computer store in town that will fill a CD for $5.00 with anything you down load. Can PSS products be downloaded on one computer and transferred to another to "unlock" and use?? Downloading on my FS computer will take many, many hours to download.. Thanks. Mike B.

Guest AirForcePilot

I don't think you can do it because the PSS installer downloads and installs aircraft in parts. Its not like its one big download and then you click an icon to start the installation. You'd either have to download with your dial-up connection or wait for the boxed version to be released....which will take a while since the load editor still hasn't been released. If you have a friend with cable or dsl I suppose you could take your comp to his/her house and hook it up to download.

Ok thanks Ian. Guess I'll just suck it up and do the over night thing. Anyidea how big the download is?? Mike B.

Guest AirForcePilot

I can't remember exactly how big it is but if you download all of the liveries afterwards, it could take a while. Like I said it downloads in like 7 or 8 parts....each part being a different size. The liveries will take the longest most likely but hey.....first time they're free =) Is cable or DSL not available where you live?

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.