Sign in to follow this  
lollo883

B 757 weights and similars

Hi everyone,I know that at the moment no weight utility is available for the PSS757 but I would like to know what is the real ZFW of the aircraft (all variants) and how can I modify it manually if it is possible...Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas to everybody!!Lorenzo ChiovaroPSS757 with Icelandair!

Lorenzo, As for the sim, I have a simple little work-around method for preparing my 75 for flight. First of all, for the 757-200's, the OEW (operating empty weight) is 136940 lbs. and for the -300's it is 150000 lbs. This is for the simulator of course. Add to that what you want to carry...I use 180 lbs. per pax and about 55 lbs. of cargo per pax, plus another 2000-3000 lbs. for freight. Also, add 920 lbs. for crew weight in the -200 and 1120 in the -300. If you are cargo hauling, just put in what you want. Once you've added all that, you have ZFW (which can be put in the FMC). I use the default MS load editor to add weight and pax. Make sure to balance appropriately... try to keep the cargo in proportion to the default 3000, 4000, 4000, 3000 (without going over 14000 lbs. in the holds) in the cargo section and also evenly divide the pax in the economy cabin. All you have left to do is figure out the fuel you need. For the first few flights, I went by trial and error since their is no fuel planner yet. I always write this info down, along with route NAM (nautical air miles) so I can get more accurate with fuel loads each trip based on previous fuel loads. After my first five or ten flights in this bird, I got pretty good at predicting how much fuel I would need and nearly always land at my primary destination (no holding or diversion) with about 12000 to 15000 lbs. of fuel remaining. I think this amount of fuel is good for reserves if needed for diversion, go-around, holding,etc. I hope you find this helpful, and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I've had quite an enjoyable time with this 757 sim despite it's incomplete state at the current time. It flies - and more importantly, lands - like a dream. Have a great holiday!-adam

Below are real Zero Fuel Weights taken from British Airways UK and European Flights:Heathrow to Aberdeen: 69.5 Tonnes, 67.0 Tonnes, 67.5 TonnesAberdeen to Heathrow: 72.3 Tonnes, 67.4 Tonnes, 64.6 TonnesHeathrow to Newcastle: 72.9 Tonnes, 66.3 TonnesNewcastle to Heathrow: 74.5 Tonnes, 65.2 TonnesHeathrow to Manchester: 73.9 Tonnes, 67.4 Tonnes, 67.3 Tonnes, 63.5 TonnesManchester to Heathrow: 75.3 Tonnes, 73.6 Tonnes, 66.7 Tonnes, 61.8 TonnesHeathrow to Edinburgh: 65.5 TonnesEdinburgh to Heathrow: 65.9 TonnesHeathrow to Glasgow: 69.0 Tonnes, 69.6 Tonnes, 67.7 TonnesGlasgow to Heathrow: 67.0 Tonnes, 65.5 Tonnes, 69.7 TonnesHeathrow to Nice: 68.3 Tonnes Nice to Heathrow: 68.3 TonnesHeathrow to Madrid: 70.7 TonnesMadrid to Heathrow: 74.3 TonnesHeathrow to Barcelona: 71.7 TonnesBarcelona to Heathrow: 76.0 TonnesHeathrow to Lisbon: 73.0 TonnesLisbon to Heathrow: 71.4 TonnesHeathrow to Stockholm: 75.5 Tonnes, 67.3 TonnesStockholm to Heathrow: 69.2 Tonnes, 71.8 TonnesHeathrow to Warsaw: 69.8 TonnesWarsaw to Heathrow: 70.0 TonnesHeathrow to Prauge: 75.8 TonnesPrauge to Heathrow: 74.1 TonnesHeathrow to Frankfurt: 65.9 Tonnes, 69.4 Tonnes,Frankfurt to Heathrow: 63.6 Tonnes, 64.9 Tonnes, Heathrow to Stuttgart: 65.8 TonnesStuttgart to Heathrow: 65.3 TonnesHeathrow to Cologne: 68.0 TonnesCologne to Heathrow: 65.3 TonnesHeathrow to Dusseldorf: 66.7 Tonnes, 65.1 Tonnes.Dusseldorf to Heathrow: 64.8 Tonnes, 66.1 Tonnes.Heathrow to Munich: 65.4 Tonnes.Munich to Heathrow: 71.7 Tonnes.NOTE: British Airways no longer send 757's to Warsaw, Stuttgart, Cologne.Cheers

Thank you both very much...I guess that those ZFW are for B757-200 because BA posseses only this kind of B75 and this is a very precius datum. Thanks a lot.Now I have a little trouble about the FS dafault load editor becuse only in the B757-300 there's a misteke...to make the story short the load editor confuses the EOW with ZFW...During last flight I did this night (KJFK-BIKF) with ICEAIR B753 the load editor found a EOW of 83.8tons while this IS the ZFW...there's a way to correct this error?CheersLorenzo ChiovaroICEAIR with B757s

FYI...If anyone cares. I posted info (non_specific) about how ZFW etc is figured in real life. I also offered to develop, for free, a temporary load worksheet which would get everybody through until a fix was completed, however, I got a couple of replies. Anyway, just trying to help.Post1http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...&topic_id=16738Post2http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=search

Bruce Leehan

Thnak you very much Bruce...now I have a very clear idea of what weights are and how are calcolated.CheersHave good Holiday!!Lorenzo ChiovaroB 757s with ICELANDAIR

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.