Sign in to follow this  
Jeffrey L. Whitaker

**********UPDATE**********

Greetings PSS!I can't wait to get behind the 757! I have purchased the 757, along with most of your aircraft, although I am waiting to opreate this aircraft until the CDU/FMC and battery issues are solved. These are problems that previous PSS aircraft do not have (Airbus, Dash, and the 2002 products).I'm really just looking for an update.Cheers, Jeff

I'm sure that when an update is available that you will hear about it here first!Until then everyone enjoy your Christmas break.Scott

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Scott,Perhaps you did not understand my previous post. I am simply looking for an update as to the plan or progress regarding a fix for these and other issues. The term "update" in this context does not refer to an executable file.I am certain folks appreciate your empowering them to enjoy the Christmas break; I am equally certain that an inquiry regarding the progress of this and similar issues is very much appropriate.This is a support forum: The Phoenix (PSS) Support Forum/The Boeing Forum. Please feel free to refrain from posting opinions or blurbs which do not effect a solution to the issues of this post. JW

JW,As you will see from many of the posts on this forum, PSS have no news at this point on any updates.That said, there are several fixes around for many of the 757's problems but I have not heard to date of anyone with an issue over the battery - except the landing gear problem when starting with a shut-down default aircraft - which is the wrong way to load the 757 C&D. If you have picked up something else, grateful if you would post the details and I will try and reproduce it.John Rooum

John,Thanks you for the post. It is my hope that PSS will reply with an update on their progress regarding those issues described in previous threads. There seems to be a large list of bugs and minor ailments as mentioned in the initial thread. I would very much like to get an update on their progress.I have managed to solve one of the battery problems, whereas there was no power being supplied to the radios until after the engines had been started. By following the advice in previous threads I was able to create a flight beginning with the FS9 default start-up. I am now able to power up the radios during the start-up sequence.The CDU still tends to be a bit slugish, and frequently requires multiple "clicks" to change the curren page.JW

JW'Glad you have sorted that out - most things with the 757 have been seen before. As with the CDU - its a known issue since the release.Its a funny old hobby - I have just re-installed the DF Baron into FSX. The first install - back in October - took 15 minutes; this time I spent two days including a re-install of XP and multi re-installs of the Baron in FS9 and FSX.I wonder why we do it!!!John R

John,I'm not quite sure. I seem to enjoy a quick (4-5 hour) reformat and subsequent install of all my FS9 software on a weekly basis. When things are running well... that's why I do it. In that respect it is not much different than golf.JW

JWKnow the feeling. You stand on the first tee - everybody's watching -and you hit the middle of the fairway!John R

John, I understood your post perfectly. Perhaps you may not understand that the PSS team are also enjoying their Christmas break. Most of the existing problems have solutions in these support forums, please feel free to use the search function, I know from experience that it works quite well. As for any other update, as I said, I'm sure you will hear about it here first, probably in the top post in this forum.If by chance you stumble across the solution to a known problem, then please share it.Regards,Scott>Scott,>>Perhaps you did not understand my previous post. I am simply>looking for an update as to the plan or progress regarding a>fix for these and other issues. The term "update" in this>context does not refer to an executable file.>>I am certain folks appreciate your empowering them to enjoy>the Christmas break; I am equally certain that an inquiry>regarding the progress of this and similar issues is very>much appropriate.>>This is a support forum: The Phoenix (PSS) Support Forum/The>Boeing Forum. Please feel free to refrain from posting>opinions or blurbs which do not effect a solution to the>issues of this post. >>JW

Scott

Scot,Although you used my name, I assume that your last post was meant for someone else!!!John Rooum

Scott - I may be wrong, but I think he was asking the question to PSS... Not that the answer will be any different, but personally, I perfer to have my questions answered from whom I ask.... Jumping on people who ask for updates from the developers has become somewhat of a sport in the forums. As annoying as "update questions" are to some, especially when they've been answerd, it's just as annoying watching newbies and others get mugged for asking.I'd like to see Norman answer the question. I'm sure he can do it in two sentences or less. :)

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Please accept my apologies John, you are quite correct.Regards,Scott.>Scot,>>Although you used my name, I assume that your last post was>meant for someone else!!!>>John Rooum

Scott

Bob,I'm sure if Norman could answer then he would. Unfortunately he can't, the reasons for which can be found in the messages in this forum. The answers to many problems are here in the forums. As I said in my original reply, when an update is available you can be guaranteed that you will see it here.Regards,Scott>Scott - I may be wrong, but I think he was asking the>question to PSS... >>Not that the answer will be any different, but personally, I>perfer to have my questions answered from whom I ask.... >>Jumping on people who ask for updates from the developers has>become somewhat of a sport in the forums. As annoying as>"update questions" are to some, especially when they've been>answerd, it's just as annoying watching newbies and others get>mugged for asking.>>I'd like to see Norman answer the question. I'm sure he can do>it in two sentences or less. :)

Scott

Scott,I have no doubt you mean well. Frequently I come across posts in which forum members ask questions that have previously been answered or are covered in the software manual.I try to do one of two things: bite my tongue or answer the question to the best of my ability. I understand that many forum members do not properly research their questions before asking. I also understand that some folks simply do not understand the manuals and or posts regarding the problems they have.Please understand that your comments and the help you provide frequently play an important role in the overall experience of the consumer. These forums are a great place for folks to get answers to their technical questions. That is, of course, the purpose of support forums. Had I not been a long-time customer of PSS, my recent experience in these forums might well lead me to another software company. I am currently in the market for a B777. I flew the PSS B777 for FS2002 for several years. However, as you likely know, there are several triple 7's currently on the market. Again, if I was not convinced of the quality of those products produced by PSS I might well look to one of their competitors following my recent forum experience.Why is this important to you? Supply and demand. PSS surely will not continue to develop quality software if their customers begin to purchase from other developers. If you truly support and enjoy PSS products I would suggest that you take a moment of pause before answering technical questions in the support forums.Food for thought.Regards, JW

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.