Sign in to follow this  
Guest hellcat29er

Installing Sounds PSS777

Guest hellcat29er

Hi again,I'm attempting to install a sound set to my 777 Pro, but I'm not having any luck. I don't normally have problems installing sounds, but this one seems more complex. The sound set I'm trying to install is Devyn Silverstein's sound package. I attempted to follow the readme instructions and install the sounds, but when I load up the aircraft, nothing. I emailed him and he gave me a few tweeks to put in the aircraft.cfg but also that did not work. Any help would greatfully be appreciated.Thank You,Brandon StollKVCV

Guest MatthewSchoenberg

Brandon,Which package are you trying to install?Regards,Matthew

Guest hellcat29er

Hi Matthew,I was attempting to install the RR Trents, however when that failed, Devyn had responded via email with instructions for the GE90, I attempted that as well and it did not work. At this point I don't care which set I get on so long as I get one of them :) Thank you!-Brandon>Brandon,>>Which package are you trying to install?>>Regards,>>Matthew

Guest MatthewSchoenberg

Brandon,I looked for a GE90 package from Devyn and couldn't find it. If you can point me in the right direction for the GE90 files I can try to install them on my machine and see what happens.I too don't usually have any problems with sound files but you never know. :)Also, are you installing the files into the sound folder of the PSSB77704 file and not the sound folder in the airplane file?Regards,Matthew

Guest hellcat29er

Hi Matthew,Yes, I made sure I installed the sounds in the correct folder and not the aircraft itself. Here's the package I used that has all 3 engine variants. There's a fix also for the RR trents that I didn't know about, however I've tried all 3 sets now and none work for me. I'm sure I must be doing something incorrect but I don't know what. Also, I found the sounds just doing a general search under FS2004 Sounds using w/o quotes "777".http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Loca...=ftp&DLID=90075Hotfix for RR trents:http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Loca...=ftp&DLID=90158Thanks muchBrandon

Guest MatthewSchoenberg

Hi Brandon,I have installed the file and everything does work fine.Are you changing the name of the sound file to just sound and not sound.ge?If you do that and place that file in the correct folder discussed above, it works fine.Regards,Matthew

Guest hellcat29er

Well, I had not renamed the file to just sound from sound.ge, however I did that this time and it's still not working :( I think my plane's cursed or something. Maybe I'll just sick with the default sounds :-

Guest MatthewSchoenberg

Hi Brandon,Did you check your sound config file in the 777 airplane folder to make sure it is pointing to the PSSB77704 folder?Also, did you take just the sounds.ge file and place that directly in the PSSB77704 file? Rename the original sound file to orig.sound and then change the sound.ge file to sound.Make sure you go all the way down directly to the sound.ge file from the download. There are several layers.Place that file in the folder and just rename it, don't copy files from one folder to another.It should work. Good luck.Regards,Matthew

Guest lachlan744

G'day Brandon, I've been able to install other peoples sound sets, with no problems at all, i have only tried the PSS772LR, i've been pasting the new SOUND folder in C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftPSS-B772LR DON'T forget to back up your original SOUND folderthe soundset i've been using is by Emil Serafino Jr ti is a great sound sethttp://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=67575http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=67770Lachlan

Guest lachlan744

I forgot to mention my copy is the Just Flight versionLachlan

Guest hellcat29er

Lachlan, thank you for the reply, I'll consider it if I can't get this one sorted, I'm really partial to this set, sounds so nice :)Matthew: What I've been doing to install this sound set was backing up the old sound file and sound CFG from their respective folders and then I've done this: Placed the Sound.ge file in the PSS77704 folder and the sound.cfg in the PSS-B7772LR Sound Folder. I also tried renaming the sound.ge folder with it's contents to just sound and it didn't work.

Make sure you go all the way down directly to the sound.ge file from the download. There are several layers.
I'm a bit confused on this line...I unzipped all the files to one folder, in the folder it contains a seperate folder for sound.ge, sound.rr and sound.pw. I pick the GE folder and go from there, I open it, pull out the sound.ge folder, insert it into the above mentioned and place the sound.cfg in it's above mentioned...sound right??) I'm sorry if it seems I'm not understanding, honestly I never have this problem installing sounds, this is a new one on me, but I thank you for your patience and assistance :)-Brandon

Guest MatthewSchoenberg

Brandon,I think what you are doing wrong is with the sound config file. Attached is the sound config file that should be in the 772LR folder. Make sure you use this one attached. Just unzip it and put it in the 772 airplane folder.Then, with the sound.ge folder you have sound files and another sound config file. Leave that sound config file there.In other words, install the one attached here which is the original sound config file and it points to the PSSB77704 file. Then install the sound.ge file with all its contents including the sound config file it comes with and rename the sound.ge folder to just sound and put it in the PSSB77704 folder.I believe if you do this, it will work. Sorry if I am not being clear enough but I promise I am trying to help. Just another fellow simmer and not the true expert here but I think we have found your problem. :)Regards,Matthew

Guest lachlan744

I've just installed and tryed out the soundset you've talking about and it all works well this is how i did itC:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftPSS-B772LR= RENAME your (original justflight) SOUND folder to SOUNDBACKUPNOW paste the "SOUND.GE"folder into C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftPSS-B772LR and RENAME IT SOUNDCHEERSLACHLAN

Guest lachlan744

sorry i was not clear on the last bitNOW paste the SOUND.GE folder into C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftPSS-B772LR and RENAME the SOUND.GE folder to SOUNDLachlan

Guest hellcat29er

Matthew, thank you for your help, that did the trick. My error was I was changing the sound config in the plane folder to match that of the one inside the 2004 folder. I've done as you said and now the sound works perfectly thank you so much for your help. You as well Lachlan, though your trick didn't work for me :)-Brandon

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.