Sign in to follow this  
Virgin_A340

No ILS,please help

Hi,I have been flying the patched 777 a bit recently and it is much better but I keep getting no ILS readout on the ND. I tried tuning it from the FMC RADNAV page but it does nothing. Does anyone else have this problem?Is there any way of fixing this as I really like flying the 777 apart from this problem?Thanks for any help.Andy S

Andy,When you call Dell support about a simple computer problem they often begin by asking several questions that really make a fella feel like a complete idiot... "is the device pluggged in?" kind of stuff.At any rate, I'm going to ask a few of those questions...1. When using the RAD/NAV page, are you inserting the ILS frequency into the correct line? This is the section that reads "Park".2. Are you adjusting the ND to ILS?3. Have you tried to reproduce this on several different approaches? Sometimes the ILS frequency differs in FS9 when compared to real world charts.Please feel free to ignore my questions if they are things you have already considered:)Regards, Jeff

Guest fyrestrtr

Another few questions that might frustrate you :)1. Is the ILS freq. dialed in on the radio in the pedestal?2. Are you intercepting the ILS at the correct height?3. Is it not working on all airports, or just one in particular?

Guest fyrestrtr

Just realized that #1 from above doesn't apply to PSS 777 -- whoops, got my jets confused.

I have done all of the above mentioned things. The funny thing is it seems to work if I move the aircraft in map mode from the FS menue to just outside LOC capture and fly from there. It is only on a full flight that it does not work.Recently I have flown into both WSSS and VHHH and neitehr work so I dont think it is just one airport that does it.Andy S

Andy,If you are still on line, I will set my 777 up for an ILS on WSSS and we can go through it together. Back in 5 minutes!John R

Just tried a round trip flight, i.e. WSSS to WSSS, and it worked OK, the glide slope altitude is around 2600 feet. Fix point samko was around 3600 feet. Are you using the LOC and APP switches?Ron

Ron Service

Same here. Just flown two ILS patterns with rollers at WSSS and then a short route ending in an auto-ILS into WSSS. All worked as advertised!Even without the loc/app selections, the raw ILS data should appear on the ND - assuming ILS ia selected? Could the navdata be corrupt? But not if he can slew into the ILS signal - very odd.John R

Just flew into WSSS again from Bali and same probelm. I had uninstalled samsoft and was using the default but I still got on ILS and was vectored wrongly again. Very strange. Tomorrow I will try a different airport and see what happens there.Andy S

Andy,"I had uninstalled samsoft and was using the default "1. What's samsoft? I assume default means PSS 777?"I still got on ILS and was vectored wrongly again"2. Vectored by who?3. Do you see the correct indications on the ND when ILS is selected and you are within range - ie the course deviation bar and the glidepath deviation indicator {these only appear when the aircraft's ILS receiver locks onto the aifields ILS transmitters}.John Rooum

Sorry should have been more clear. Samsoft=samsoft very singapore scenery. "I still got on ILS and was vectored wrongly again" By Radar Contact ATC program. Default means default FS9 scenery.I get the series of dots on the side and bottom of the ND but never see the pink diamonds. Even when I am 5-10nm final I still get on pink diamonds.Andy S

Guest Phoenix5

Andy,I also use this scenery, and I have never been able to complete an auto land in ANY aircraft as the ILS will guide you to the middle of the airport instead of the runway. I tested this again last night with a popular 747 for landing runway 20R and had the same result... lined up perfectly for a collision with the tower.

I get the feeling that I should just stay away from SIN until someone comes up with a new scenery as I seem to have problems on all my flights into there, which is a pitty.Andy S

Hi again. Just tried RCTP-VHHH and same ILS problem as before. Everything set up correctly but no pink diamonds to guide me. :( I've got my 777 set up really nicely so this problem is real shame. I dont know what to try next to fix it.Andy S

Andy,"no pink diamonds to guide me"Do you mean that:a. the diamond - vertical deviation indicator - was not showing atallorb. the diamond was there in outline but not filled in.Also what is your course deviation bar doing at the time - was it showing, was it in outline or filled in?Finally, do you get good ILS approaches when using default aircraft at the same airports?This should help in isolating the problemsJohn Rooum

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.