Sign in to follow this  
Virgin_A340

No ILS,please help

I'm sorry that this is a lot to read but I think it will help to home in on the problem if read.I just tried an approach into Paris using the map mode to move the aircraft out about 50nm and flying in as I would normally and everything worked fine, LOC and G/S all fine. As I stated earlier in this thread it is when doing a full flight that it doesn't work which is very strange. But I did think of one thing I did differently this time as opposed to a full flight and that is that I didn't start from a cold and dark cockpit as I have done every time the ILS hasn't worked. I'm begining to think that this is the cause of the problem. Another thing I noticed is that when starting from a C&D cockpit I am unable to tune the comm radios on the pedistal manually but in the flight I just tried I was able to tune them manulally. Just to check that I am doing things right for a C&D, I start by loading the default cessna and leaving the engines and master switches OFF, then loading the PSS 777 when I have set on "cold and dark" in the setup panel. On the flight I just did I loaded the cessna but turned the master switch and the engine ON so that the enignes would be running to same me time in trying it out, this is the one where the ILS worked.I hope this helps to home in on what the problem is. As I got it to work propperly I can rule out that I am doing anything wrong in the actual setup of the NAVRAD and ILS operation in general. I'm now pertty sure that it has to do with the cold and dark start up as opposed to the engines running and also maybe something to do with the loading of the default cessna.Sorry that it was a lot of writing and I really do appreciate all your help in trying to get this problem fixed and me back in the air in my 777. :-) Andy S

Guest Phoenix5

Andy,When loading the default flight make sure that the avionics master switch is on.

Andy,There is no need to change the default FS9 flight in order to start the 777 C&D - indeed you must always start FS9 with a default aircraft in the default flight mode {ie switches on, engines on} at the start up page.This is the simplest way of doing things C&D - and has always worked for me:1. Load the 777 as normal and set C&D on the set up panel.2. Exit FS93. Start FS9 to the "Create a Flight" page {here I always have the default 172}4. Select your 777, start location, time and season etc etc.5. Select "fly now" and away you go.If you have problems with the above, try a clean start as follows:1. Rebuild your FS9.cfg - this will ensure that you have the correct default flight.2. The first time you try the 777, load the default flight right up to sitting on the runway at KSEA - then select the 777.Good LuckJohn R

"you must always start FS9 with a default aircraft in the default flight mode {ie switches on, engines on} at the start up page." When I load the default everything is OFF, engines, master switches, avionics etc. Is this not how it should be then, have I changed something by mistake?Also do you mean that you dont actually have to START the default aircraft then switch to the 777, you just have to have it set to the default?"1. Load the 777 as normal and set C&D on the set up panel.2. Exit FS93. Start FS9 to the "Create a Flight" page {here I always have the default 172}4. Select your 777, start location, time and season etc etc.5. Select "fly now" and away you go."Do you have to do this every time or just the first time? For no 2 do you have to exit FS9 completely to the desktop?Thanks Andy S

Andy,I am not a gauge programmer but this is how I believe the PSS concept works.1. ""##"you must always start FS9 with a default aircraft in the default flight mode {ie switches on, engines on} at the start up page." When I load the default everything is OFF, engines, master switches, avionics etc. Is this not how it should be then, have I changed something by mistake?##""Yes - you must load FS9 with the original default flight - that is engines and switches on. The 777 gauge will take care of shutting everything down when you load the aircraft.2. ""##Also do you mean that you dont actually have to START the default aircraft then switch to the 777, you just have to have it set to the default?##""Yes - you just have to let FS9 load to the "Create a Flight" menu with the default aircraft set. I believe that the 777 gauge is expecting to see this and uses the default loading criteria as the basis for its execution.3. ""##Do you have to do this every time or just the first time? For no 2 do you have to exit FS9 completely to the desktop?##""No2 - yes, exit FS9 to the desktop. However, once you have changed the 777 to C&D, it will then always load C&D {assuming you have initiated FS9 to the default flight}. If you wish to begin engines on etc, you must reset the start position in the set up panel as above.I am sure that there will be one of the experts reading this who can come on and explain for you in more detail the whys and wherefores of gauge programming?John

I just tried correcting my default flight and setting up the cold and dark in the 777 setup panel,then restarting FS9 and loading the 777 as Johm said. I think this might have cracked it. Now the comm radio tune from the pedistal and the lights work which they only did before if not starting from a C&D and this is the when the ILS also worked so it looks very promising. I have yet to try more than just a quick preflight setup , I will try a fligth later tonight or tomorrow but I have a feeling it will work this time. :-jumpy :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) I will report back tomorrow how it went.RegardsAndy S

Just did a full flight, C&D to shutdown and it was successful, ILS worked! I did have an issue with the ILS stability,it kept pulling the aircraft to the ground but hand flying sorted it. So that clears up this issue and it's case closed. I just wan to thank everyone for their help.Andy S

Guest abulaafia

RE Samsoft Singapore: there's an AFCAD update on their website that solves the problem of ILS landings. I have never had any issues with their scenery.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.