Sign in to follow this  
Guest Apophis

777 Gauge / Font Problem

Guest Apophis

Hi,I have the same problem as many others here: I re-installed the 777 and the gauges don't show any text anymore. I have read in dozens of posts that there are supposedly those 2 fonts in the windows/fonts folder missing. This is not so! As many other users mentioned: those 2 files are still present.I haven't heard any working solution as far. Support, please advice.ThanksUwe

Uwe,Try this:Control Panel - Fonts folderDouble click on the two relevant fonts.This should re-install them into windows.Post back if this does not work.RegardsJohn Rooum

Guest Apophis

Thanks for your response, John, but that doesn't do the trick either.Uwe Parris

Uwe,Sorry. The font problem is usually vert straightforward. Did you try the following [picked up from an earlier thread]:This is a font issue with Windows, at initial install it all works fine, but one you reinstall for some reason Windows gets into a funny mood and refuses to recognize the fonts, the solution,* Look in your C:WindowsFonts folder and find Baloo.ttf and IRS_____.TTF.* Copy the fonts out.* Delete them from the fonts folder* Restart* Use control panel to re-install the two named fonts.* Start 777Do not know why this should work [but anything is possible with windows!]RegardsJohn Rooum

Guest Apophis

Yep, that did it! Thanks, man. It's a bit of a weird procedure, but it works.Thx againUwe

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.