Sign in to follow this  
johnk51

The only problems I found

When coming into KPDX in the 752. When the ils 10R was tuned I got the g/s warning eventhough it wasn't active yet. It did this til the vor capture started. Then it was fine. There was no om, but had mm and im. There was no alt alert sound, hope that gets fixed. The autoland was perfect.

John K

Guest Phoenix5

"There was no alt alert sound"Which alert sound was missing? If it was the makers, did you check the radio stack to see if the MKR button was selected? Also when I set up my saved default flight, I selected all these types of things (MKR sounds, unicom freq etc) to the on position before saving the flight that way they initialise with the loading of the default flight and transfer to any aircraft I load from there.

I had the markers turned on. I did get the middle and inner markers. I'll check it out again tommorrow. But I really like the load editor and the fuel planner. Thanks.PS: Any chance of getting the alt alert to work?Just checked KPDX and 10R doesn't have an OM only 28R. Sorry, but can you check coming in from the south to 10R at 2100 with ils tuned for the ils? Since I was getting the g/s warning.

John K

Guest Phoenix5

"can you check coming in from the south to 10R at 2100 with ils tuned for the ils? Since I was getting the g/s warning."I will try, but it will not be tonight. If I get snowed under I will ask one of the beta team to try it.

Hi Johntested the aircraft at KPDX, as you stated coming in from the south you do get a g/s warning. This occurs as you pass through the the ILS for rw 33 at KSPB. The freq for that ILS is 111.10 so I have no idea what causes this. When tested from the north there was no issues.The audible alt warning is still there and displayed in the eicas. The alt alert on the altimeter is visual flash only on approaching the choosen height with no audible alert. Take careSteve

JohnAlso tried a couple of routes KRDM-UBG then north west and a right turn to pick up the ILS 10R.The only gs warnings were the usual when passing over high ground out to the west once within range of the ILS.Alt warnings were as normal as noted by Steve.RegardsJohn Rooum

Guest Phoenix5

Steve/John,Thanks for the replies.

What I ment about the alt alert was when you dial in an alt and when you're about 800' from it you get the alt horn and the light lights up. I don't get the horn sound. Is that going to be fixed later? Other than that I fly it alot.Oh and I forgot. Does it make a difference if I didn't uninstall 1.1 before installing 1.2? At the moment I'm only using the 2d download. And everything seems to be alright.

John K

Guest Phoenix5

The audible alert for approaching set alt is a company fit, that we decided not to model. We based this decision on feed back from current B757 crews who all agree that the audible alert is a flight deck distraction.The audible alert system will alert you to an uncommanded change of altitude.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.