Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jean-Louis

Waiting for 757 V 1.3...

Guest Jean-Louis

Well, I was happy to discover the V 1.2... Uninstall the 1.1, install the 1.2, and for me, the good thing is that Load Editor and Fuel planner are working. With the fuel editor, I note that the fuel I type is not loaded in the plane witch is full, but this is not really a problem.Then, some tests with the Cargo Version (as the cargo manager for my VA, it is the version I use...).- Cold and Dark option doesn't work (yes, I have set the option, close FS, restart with a FS Cessna, shut it down before loading the 757 F... The engines are off, but the overhead is lighted like a christmas tree.. IRS are on, Packs On, battery on, ... every thing on ! So, no change from the 1.1.- A small flight is done... I can see before take off that only one elevator move. Same as the 1.1.- After take off, the landing gear doesn't retract. Found a solution at this : do not shut down AVIONIC MASTER on the Cessna before loading the 757 (I will need to write a before load check list...).- At landing, autobarke doesn't work, same as with the 1.1.......- At landing in Autoland, it is impossible to use reverse without shuting domwn manualy AUTO THROTTLE... On my other Boeing, I have not to do that... but here, is this a 757 particularity or a bug ??? But it is the same as V 1.1.It was just a small first test, but it seem that if the Fuel Editor and Fuel planner are fixed, many other reported bugs have not been studied.So, 7 months after my Credit card charged, the plane is always not fully operational. It seems to be a very good plane... IF.... So, I am now waiting for the V 1.3 ! (Please, excuse my bad english)Best regardsJean-Louis Coussot

Jean-LouisBonjour,Firstly, the load editor only loads the payload into the aircraft - you must use the set up panel to load fuel.Secondly, the P&W Freighter version of the 757 still has the minor problems with autobrake and reverse thrust reported on first release - it also affects the auto spoilers on landing. Check the RR Freighter and you will find that is ok. There is a small cfg fix on the forum - let me know if you cannot find it.The elevator movement problem only affects the freighter - the pax models are ok.Finally, the Cold and Dark option works perfectly - I have just tried it again - but I think that you may be making the process of loading the 757 too complex.The key is to start FS9 to the "Create a flight" page with the default flight - and the most important bit is a default aircraft. You do not need to change the settings of this default aircraft in any way. {The 757 gauge is programmed to load from the default aircraft setting - 2d panel and all swirches on}.If you then select a 757, select "Fly now" and then go to the set up panel there are three options:No ChangeEngines OffCold & Dark"No Change" is as the default flight panel settins"Engines Off" is exactly that - the aircraft set up with all switches and systems on but with the engines off."Cold & Dark" is ALL swiches off including power.If you select cold and dark and then close FS9, the next time you start FS9 and load a 757, it will load up in the cold and dark state.Note there is a very detailed explanation of how to start the 757 and how to ensure that you are using the default flight on the PSS Web Site.Post back here if you need any more details.Bon Chance

I'm amazed PSS didn't fix the freighter elevator problem. That's such an ugly bug!Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

I agree, and I am disappointed with the fact that we have had to wait such a long time for this patch, only to find issues that were reported early after the initial release have not been addressed. I have supported PSS for many years, but this might be the last add-on for me...

Graeme Butler

Guest Muppet22

EDIT: By Mod:- StevenNot a support question, and the FDE is realisticTom E

Guest Muppet22

With respect Steven, the FDE is not realistic.This is a snippet of some observations on the patch by a r/w 75/767 driver on another forum. I have also done a sim check as part of an entry process into an airline on a 757, and suffice to say it does not handle like the PSS 757 - especially when climbing.I quote "I flew a flight from EGLL to EGPF this morning and the actual FDE is awful, the ground acceleration and climb rate are far too high, despite assertions from the manufacturers and PSS defenders on their forum the 757 is overpowered, it is not the spaceshuttle and it does not climb at 4000fpm whilst accelerating to 250kts with CLB2 selected and a gross weight of 107T! On my test flight the aircraft could not reach its' optimum altitude without the climb rate reducing below 500fpm, the TOW was 80T and the aircraft can easily acheive climb rates in excess of 1000fpm at this weight and altitude. On approach the EPR (I am only commenting about the RR 757) was far too high, 1.15 would have been appropriate for gear down, F30, 3degree approach - 1.3something was required to maintain the Vref of 125."Tom E

Guest Phoenix5

Hello Tom,I agree that as a hard core simmer like yourself, that the FDE has room for improvement, and we are continuing to work with a current B757 Crews to tweak and improve the performance.Updates will be provide once the data has been assimilated and proven with the beta team.

Guest edwardpat2004

FOD:Could you please indicate where in the forum is the cfg fix you refer to?.Thanks,

Guest Muppet22

I'm not particularly 'hardcore' Steven (at least not in the flightsim world lol), I just like to see things done properly!I hope that PSS work with said 757 crews will be fruitful.

Guest lflinares

If there is a version 1.3, I would love to see the angle of the winglet model improved. It seems too shallow compared to real world models.Also, more realistic sounds would be nice.Most revcently I tested it's high-altitude handling on an Avianca flight from Bogota to Quito. It was very realistic.I love flying the 757 (even before 1.2) keep up the great work!Luis KMIA

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.