Sign in to follow this  
steinbach72

Sound before engine start

Hello,do you know any way, how to add sound for APU and Air Conditioning to B777 or 757? PSS has the best graphics (by my opinion), but silent cockpit is very, very strange and unrealistic. Still the same in all products...ThanksRegardsJiri

Guest Phoenix5

You can not hear the APU running in the cockpit. The cockpits are very quiet.

Guest darrenthe747400

OK well I have to say you won't find very many posts where I am complaining about something, but I would like to jump in here for one second. With these kinds of addons we are striving for maximum realism. I know you argue that a 757 cockpit has no sound, but the reality of the situation is that it simply seems to many of us that sitting in a cockpit of a large commercial airliner should not be as quiet as a closed library on Christmas night. It just doesn't seem realistic. Now I know that with the WX radar for example it isn't modeled after any real WX radar. FS WX radars do not emulate that of real radars, but they are put there as a substitute to make it seem as realistic as possible. That is my one complaint with PSS (besides the fact that I can't get the fuel and payload centers to work) is the sound of the cockpit with no engines running. It frankly just doesn't sound right. So that's my 2 cents :-) Have a great day,Darren

One thing I don't get, is that they don't include an APU sound as you can't hear it from the cockpit in real life. Yet in the 777, you get the sounds of the flap motors. Now surely you can't hear that from the cockpit. If you're going to go with realistic sounds fine, but make sure you do it across the board.I recently installed a new sound set for the 777 from the AVSIM library, to replace the awful generic engine sounds. It has also given me ambient sounds in the cockpit. Same could apply for the 757. One problem though - the sounds stay on all the time, even when the packs are off and the aircraft completely shut down. I'm guessing this is bcause PSS included now information on when these sounds should start and stop, as they didn't include them in the first place.

Hi All,Well, I own every single PSS product, and I will more than likely continue to purchase them because I like them, my choice.and, I feel that their panels are just about the best there are, take the 757 for example, particularly at night.but, I am disappointed at the lack of APU sounds, and packs etc.I have asked this before, and all I got was "you can't hear the APU from the cockpit" of which I knew, but, we can't see the APU door from the cockpit either, but you model it for the out side view, so why can't we hear the APU when using the out side view.the same goes for the 777.other companies include this feature, and one company even ramps the sound from nothing to full power when the control surfaces come alive etc.this has always been something of a bug bear for me, and is something that I would love to see included as an up-date, after all, it's just sound files, and a config alteration isn't it!Thanks.

>One thing I don't get, is that they don't include an APU>sound as you can't hear it from the cockpit in real life. Yet>in the 777, you get the sounds of the flap motors. Now surely>you can't hear that from the cockpit. If you're going to go>with realistic sounds fine, but make sure you do it across the>board.>Excellent point. You know, I'd prefer if PSS simply said 'sorry but we choose to provide only a basic soundset' - end of story. Sound is like some other PSS features - left at default (edit - not default 737, default configuration - no frills). No big deal, their choice at their pricepoint, but geez just say so.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Hi,seeing as we are going to be getting a 1.3, can we have these sounds included please.I do feel that they should be included in the package.Thanks.

can anyone from PSS please let us know if this is going to be added, it's not something that should be considered an "add-on" request, but something that should have been in there from the beginning.Thanks.

Guest Phoenix5

There are no plans to update the aircraft sound package at this stage.

Is that true for the 757 as well? I am sure I saw a post stating that there are air con and other ambient sounds on the 757 flight deck, and a PSS member agreed and was going to look into the matter.

I am not a pilot, and never been on a 757 flight deck, but if the 757/767 are similar, and LDS is touted as realistic, then my armchair pilot logic tells me a proper PSS 757 update would require embedded air sounds from equipment cooling switches (gauges) etc. PSS has typically chosen a lower complexity division than the heavyweights, with relative pricing to match. That's my take, and with those augmented expectations and my own mods I still greatly enjoy my 777LR.I have great respect for this 'Legacy' team - I still recall the first 777 and 744 and the furor they caused. I hope to see great things continue for PSS, whatever their chosen 'division'.regards,Markp.s. - sorry - as I posted I remember this is a support forum - I'll belabour this no longer.edited by MOD - Steven. Please do not advertise competing products in your signature banner

Regards,

Mark

Forget air conditioning and APU, I'd like realistic engine sounds during takeoff and climb. I know there are excellent freeware downloads available but they can't be linked fully to the PSS panel and generally sound worse during engine start (lots of looping of sounds) and in a fully quiet cockpit (you can't turn off the ambient sounds).So, PSS, when are you going to deliver the decent quality sound set that was advertised? The current one is pretty lame and more default than 757 specific.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest boxjockey99

Speaking from experience in the real thing the B757 flightdeck prior to engine start is anything but quiet ,the packs are horrid and make a whooshing sound that requires at least raised voices particularly if both packs are in use. There are also other noises even without the packs running such as equipment cooling fans, sby alt vibrators etc etc. The pointy end is not silent but I will give them the point that we cannot hear the APU up front (although that is probably because it is drowned out by the rest of the noise!) I agree as I said in my review on Avsim.com that the soundset is not the fabulous audio experience we have come to expect from PSS, the A330/340 packages had good sound sets and they included interior sounds both of which are significantly larger AND quieter up front!Kris

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.