Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

No engine start post patch

Cannot start the engines now post patch???? They work fine in the -300 but any -200, they spool up and will not start. Any help soonest appreciated.

Eric 

Guest darrenthe747400

What is the outside air temperature when you are trying to start?Darren

Come on, I cannot get any support from PSS? The OAT is irrelevant,this is a post patch issue only.

Eric 

Guest Phoenix5

There were no changes made to the engine start logic, so the patch can not be the cause. Only one other person had reported this, and he found the fault, if it was something we had done I am sure we would have heard more from others by now.Did you remove the previous version before upgrading?

Steven,I was the one with the initial starting problem before and I can confirm I am still getting the start problems after the patch. If I reset the flight most times it works, but I am having major difficulties again!!I start with the engines off scenario, and load from the default flight with the Cessna as well.Evrything worked fine BEFORE the patch but there is certainly something post patch that has produced this frustrating problem.Setting up the FMC and flight etc for 10 minutes to find you cant start the darn thing is very very frustrating :-madI have just spent 45 minutes trying to start a flight to no avail and will now unistall the 757, its just not right now after the patch. How can I get the original version back that worked please.thanksKeith

Guest Phoenix5

Keith,I have no copies V1.1 files , but we can problem solve this issue for you and anyone else suffering from it.1. Did you uninstall the previous version, or just over write?2. Do you, or have you ever, installed FSX on the same PC as FS9 (It has been known to cause issues with FS9 registry entries for some users)3. Can you confirm it is just the 200 series that is giving the engine problems?

Hi Steven,I did a clean reinstall with the new version, and made sure that all the files were deleted as well. Yes, I do have FSX installed, but until now I have had no issues with registry entries. The 300 series I have not yet tried but I will certainly try that after my present flight and report back.regardsKeith

Steve,I fail to see how this stops the engines from starting!!I have now tried the 300 model and that to does the very same thing, you can hear the engine spooling over and over but just not starting.The second time I tried after a clean reboot of FS, it actually started. The 3rd time again no start, EPR reaches 2.5 and holds there.Something between the first version and patch is different and its not related to any registry issueRegardsKeith

Hi Keith, Unfortunately some user with both FSX and FS9 are having issues when they install new software into FS9. This is a recommend fix for this issue and has been proven to work for some users. It does seem like an issue limited to a small number of users, and as I said v1.2 works fine for me and I have both installed. I understand your frustration and I have sent you a pm to see if I can help you further. Steve

Steve,I have run the registry think and STILL I cannot start the 757, as I suspected it must be something with the 757 only. All my other addons work flawlewssly, as did the 757 before the patch!!!I give up trying now, EVERY flight I try now with this addon I cannot fly. It takes me about 10 minutes each time to setup the flight and this happens, it is probably the first time that a patch has ruined an addon for me.EDIT I Have just uninstalled, reinstalled just the base package and still this darn thing wont start, I AM SERIOUSLY GETTING ###### NOW especially with the lack of response from PSS. This HAS TO BE THE PATCH that has screwed this aircraft for me!!Keith

Hi Keith, There has been no change in the engine logic in from version 1.1 to 1.2. If you give me a shout via the details on the pm I sent I might be able to help. CheersSteve

1. Did you uninstall the previous version, or just over write?Yes, uninstalled.2. Do you, or have you ever, installed FSX on the same PC as FS9 (It has been known to cause issues with FS9 registry entries for some users)Do not even own FSX much less have it installed.3. Can you confirm it is just the 200 series that is giving the engine problems?Yes, 200 series only. The engines will start if you use the default MSFS keyboard key of CTRL + E. It just will not start via the panel. Just spools up, and never turns over.

Eric 

I have just reinstalled everything again and with the help of SteveA300 I think we have narrowed it down to FS Passengers causing the problem.Only time will tell if thats truly correct, but a hearty thank you to Steve for his support.RegardsKeith

Thats not the problem. I dont have FSP either so that cannot be the cause.

Eric 

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.