Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

No engine start post patch

Eric,The only other thing we noticed was the version of FSUIPC I was using, which is 3.7.20, and that was later than Steve's version. Do you happen to have the new version also as this may be the cause.Keith

Nope, v. 3.7.0.0 is the one I use. Nothing changed on my entire system other than the patch. Everything on the 757 works save for the engine start problem.

Eric 

I gotta head off to work for the night. Once I wake up tomorrow, I will uninstall all the 757 stuff and try it one more time. Save that, if PSS cannot find a fix for it, I guess I will have to use the CTRL E option although I find that ridiculous.

Eric 

I have just come across something, I have been using the pushback function within FSINN for all my aircraft and if I use this before starting the engines I get the problem back again. However, if I start engines THEN pushback all is fine. Could this therefore be an issue with FSINN pushback and the 757?..Can anyone else duplicate thisKeith

Well it seems like the 757 doesnt like the cold!!. As per other threads I can confirm that I cannot start this thing in the cold. Help needed again I fear..Has anyone at PSS got any heaters :-hmmmcheersKeith

I encountered a similar engine start problem last night. After battery and APU on, packs off, I clicked the left starter to ground and N2 started to spool. At the 19% mark, I flipped on the left fuel switche and the engine never kicked over. I then had a thought ....I checked if I was able to tune any radios and noted that I couldn't (freq swich would not move the defaulted freq on any radios). I've had this issue from time to time on both the 757 and the 777. I did a SHIFT-M and boom .... the N1 took off and the engines started.So it could be something to do with the how the default flight is setup. I've used SHIFT-M in the past when I have had radio poblems in both the PSS Boeing birds and it usually corrects the problem and in this case, corrected the starting problem too.Hope this helps some folks out there ...Jerry LauderbaughMidContinent AirlinesDelta Virtual Airlines

Guest PAT1015

Yesterday,on Cymx Montreal, external temperature -10 757/200 after 40 minutes of flight preparation no engine start grrr,i refuse ctrl+e for start engine, have close simulator and good night.I think, who the external temperature,can to contribute at the problem.Enricop.s. sorry for my english sigh!:-wave

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.