Sign in to follow this  
drayton_k

Non Starting Issue solved

I was having major difficulties starting the 757 when the temperature was below zero. Tonight I was trying to solve the issue yet again when I just happened to catch my arm on the mixture lever on my yoke and hey presto the engine started. I tried with the other engine, and again it started right away. Further testing then followed and I found the coldest place I could, CYBK, which was showing -30 degrees. Again I attempted to start the engines and they refused to fire up until I moved the mixture lever on the yoke, and they both lit up immediately.I guess this is a calibration problem with my stick, but now I know what to do its easy.Anyway, this has solved my problem, hopefully it may do so for those others with the same problem starting from cold. Try moving your mixture lever!!RegardsKeith

Hi Keith, I am glad you got it all sorted. There is a five page article on the Boeing 757 in March edition of Airliner World " The Boeing 757 25 years of flight" Cheers Steve

Guest coolfront55

Good to here your solution. What about if you don't have a fuel mixture switch? I use a joystick.thanks george

Guest Phoenix5

>Good to here your solution. What about if you don't have a>fuel mixture switch? I use a joystick.>>thanks >georgeMake sure you check your default Cessna flight has not been saved with the mixture lever closed/off.

I don't have a mixture lever mapped to MSFS, but I tried changing the MSFS mixture controls using the default hotkeys during a cold weather start. It had absolutely no effect, so the solution suggested above may be related to that user's hardware, not mixture itself.My default flights are saved with mixture levers open, but I still get the cold weather start problem. The problem is not solved, it remains open.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest Phoenix5

Kevin,The issue was again discussed at our last meeting, and efforts to repair continue.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.