Sign in to follow this  
Guest nwvaetal

Vista problem/cannot find flight sim path

Guest nwvaetal

I,m having problems finding the load editor and the repaint aircraft do not show up.I can fly the base aircraftI can use the fuel plannerWhen i go to open the Load Editor I get the error CANNOT FIND FLIGHT SIMULATOR INSTALLATION PATHI can load and fly the base aircraft but cannot find or load the repaints.My system is Vista/English version + I have FSX installed.It might be a problem with the installation path which came up as 0I uninstalled the old version and restarted my PC.I then went and started the install of the new version but installation path always came up with 0.so I used program files/microsoft games/FS9and i used the same install path for the repaints.Are these the right install paths?With the load editor, i can see the .exe file in the PSS/B757 folder but when I click on the 757 load editor .exe prog this is when i get the error message.Please, if you could tell me the correct installation paths for the aircraft and repaints, I'll try againThanks Peter

Guest Phoenix5

Peter,We have not tested the products with Vista as the B757 was designed for use with windows XP.You need to point the installer to your FS9 root folder. It may also be an idea to try the registry tool linked in the top sticky post, but I do not know what effect it may have on your system, or if it will help.

Guest nwvaetal

Thank you very much for your quick response, I do appreciate it. I used the utility to find the path and it works perfectly now, being able to use the Load editor, fuel planner and finding repaints.so I am pleased to report that the B757 works perfectly in a vista system when you run http://tweakfs.com/download/fs9path_utility.zip)Peter

Guest Phoenix5

No problem, I am happy I was able to help you.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.