Sign in to follow this  
G-SWSM

NET framework library 1.1, and 2.0 Question.

Hi,can someone please shed some light on why we need to un-install version 1.1 first, then install V2.0.I have always just installed V2.0 over the top, and assumed that it would just over write V1.1, kind of like an up-date.obviously I'm wrong then.Thanks.PS a little info on why we need to get rid of 1.1 before running 2.0 would be really useful.and while I'm at it, what about the latest version, isn't it 3.0 or something, should we install this instead of V2.0Thanks again.

Guest Phoenix5

Installing V2.0 does not over write v1.1. As to V3.0 there was an instruction to remove one of the of the previous versions prior to installing, but at this time of night, I can not remember which version it was of the top of my head.

Guest jaglover

.net 1.1 and .net 2.0 are two different beasts. If you have software that requires 1.1 and software that requires 2.0 then you must have both versions of .net installed at the same time.Mark

Guest jaglover

>Hi,>>can someone please shed some light on why we need to>un-install version 1.1 first, then install V2.0.>>I have always just installed V2.0 over the top, and assumed>that it would just over write V1.1, kind of like an up-date.>>obviously I'm wrong then.>>Thanks.>>PS a little info on why we need to get rid of 1.1 before>running 2.0 would be really useful.>>and while I'm at it, what about the latest version, isn't it>3.0 or something, should we install this instead of V2.0>>Thanks again.You don't need to get rid of .net 1.1 before installing .net 2.0. There is a bug in the load editor that simply manifests itself when .net 1.1 is installed on some peoples system. Some people can successfully use the load editor even when .net 1.1 is installed.Mark

Guest banker

Mark,By reading this forum I have come to the same conclusion.I bought the 757 back in october or november, installed it just to find out that the loadmanager and fuelplanner weren't there.So I did an uninstall and the plane remained grounded.Last week Was ####. Knowing that the two utilities were available but not working on my system...So I kept a close watch on this forum and when someone came with a "solution" I couldn't wait to try it out. It worked but by removing Net1.1 I lost some other programs...Programs that were much more important to me that the 757 which I grounded 4 months ago anyway...I did an uninstall this morning and the plane remains grounded until PSS fixes this bug... pity and probably the last time I ever bought from PSS again. No, I'm not bashing PSS. Let's just say that I am dissapointed with the brand 'PSS' like I have been dissapointed with some car brand in the past. I told the dealer so and when the time came to buy another car, I just moved on to another brand...I hope this problem is sorted out. If it is, maybe I'll install the plane again. If not, it is grounded, it has beeen grounded from day one I bought it and it will remain being grounded...Luc Brusselmans

Guest Phoenix5

Hello, Many of our customers are running the programs with both .Net 1.1 and 2.0 installed, without issue. From the tests we have conducted, and the method undertaken during production, lead us to believe that the issue is more than likely related to the users PC, and the correct installation of all recommended Microsoft windows XP updates.

Guest jaglover

>Hello,> >Many of our customers are running the programs with both .Net>1.1 and 2.0 installed, without issue. From the tests we have>conducted, and the method undertaken during production, lead>us to believe that the issue is more than likely related to>the users PC, and the correct installation of all recommended>Microsoft windows XP updates.As a professional software developer with 25 years of experience and as an MCSE I stongly disagree that the problem is not PSS induced. In another thread I posted that I have a PC dedicated to testing FS add-ons. That PC has very little non-microsoft software (winzip, acrobat reader, for example) and has Windows XP and all updates properly installed and I still have issues with the load editor, and ONLY the load editor. NO OTHER SOFTWARE GIVES ME A PROBLEM. I GUARANTEE the problem is with the load editor. If PSS would like some help in solving this I'd be happy to provide it free of charge - just email me and we'll get the ball rolling.Mark

Guest jaglover

>>Hello,>> >>Many of our customers are running the programs with both>.Net>>1.1 and 2.0 installed, without issue. From the tests we>have>>conducted, and the method undertaken during production, lead>>us to believe that the issue is more than likely related to>>the users PC, and the correct installation of all>recommended>>Microsoft windows XP updates.>>>As a professional software developer with 25 years of>experience and as an MCSE I stongly disagree that the problem>is not PSS induced. In another thread I posted that I have a>PC dedicated to testing FS add-ons. That PC has very little>non-microsoft software (winzip, acrobat reader, for example)>and has Windows XP and all updates properly installed and I>still have issues with the load editor, and ONLY the load>editor. NO OTHER SOFTWARE GIVES ME A PROBLEM. I GUARANTEE>the problem is with the load editor. If PSS would like some>help in solving this I'd be happy to provide it free of charge>- just email me and we'll get the ball rolling.>>>>Mark>Here are some more findings. On my FS test system if I don't have .NET 1.1 installed I have no problems. If .NET 1.1 is installed I have problems. If I install both WinDVD7 .NET 1.1 I have no problems. If If WinDVD7 is running when I start the load editor, the load editor will crash. This is further evidence that the load editor is at fault.Mark

Guest Phoenix5

The majority of users are not having an issue, if it was solely a load editor malfunction then the majority of users would have an issue. We will continue to search for a solution for the users that do have the problem.Why would you want to run WinDVD at the same time as the load editor?

Mark,I am one of the lucky ones who has been running the load editor with both Dot Net 1.1 and 2.0 installed. This is on a system dedicated to FS so the only additional programmes are the necessary utilities and supporting programmes.I also have an older system which is used for internet etc etc. This has a fairly clean copy of FS9 and I occasionally use it to try and reproduce bugs which are reported on the forum but are not seen on my main machine.I now have 1.1 and 2.0 installed on this second system and, again, the load editor still works as advertised. I guess that this has confirmed my original view that it must be a conflict between the load editor, .net 1.1 AND something else - either hardware or software.I have seen this kind of thing before and can understand your frustrations [and those at PSS looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack].To the point of this too long post - if I can be of help, perhaps say in comparing the details of our systems and software installations, please let me know.John Rooum

Guest jaglover

>Why would you want to run WinDVD at the same time as the load>editor?Well, Steven, on which stone is it carved that only the PAX should enjoy movies on a long haul flight???? :-) I was just trying different combinations of software to see if I could track down the issue with the load editor.Mark

Guest jaglover

>Mark,>>I am one of the lucky ones who has been running the load>editor with both Dot Net 1.1 and 2.0 installed. This is on a>system dedicated to FS so the only additional programmes are>the necessary utilities and supporting programmes.>>I also have an older system which is used for internet etc>etc. This has a fairly clean copy of FS9 and I occasionally>use it to try and reproduce bugs which are reported on the>forum but are not seen on my main machine.>>I now have 1.1 and 2.0 installed on this second system and,>again, the load editor still works as advertised. I guess>that this has confirmed my original view that it must be a>conflict between the load editor, .net 1.1 AND something else>- either hardware or software.>>I have seen this kind of thing before and can understand your>frustrations [and those at PSS looking for the proverbial>needle in a haystack].>>To the point of this too long post - if I can be of help,>perhaps say in comparing the details of our systems and>software installations, please let me know.>>John Rooum John, here a 2 scenarios.1. Fresh install of XP SP2 with no updates, FS9.1, .NET 1.1, B757. That's all. Load editor won't run.2. Fresh install of XP SP2 with all updates, FS9.1, .NET 1.1, B757. That's all. Load editor won't run.MachineASUS P4P800-SE moboP4 3.0 GHz2GB RAMNvidia 7800 GS AGP 256 MB DDR3Sound Blaster Audigy 2/ZSLatest driversMark

MarkHere's what I have:1. Main FS system {AMDXP3200+, 1.5G RAM, Nvidia 6800, o/b sound}Win XP SP2 no updates .Net 1.1, .Net 2.0 Load Editor runs ok2. Second System {AMD 2000+, 500 Meg RAM, Nvidia TI4200, o/b sound}Win XP SP2 plus security updates, .Net 1.1, .Net 2.0 Load Editor runs ok.On this system now, so I uninstalled .Net 1.1 re-booted and the load editor is still running ok!Crazy!!!!John

Guest jaglover

John, 'tis a mystery. I'm going to keep tinkering here and hopefully PSS can figure this out. I'm sure it's just a minor glitch in the making of the load editor. Thanks for your help.Mark

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.