Sign in to follow this  
Guest MD11ME

NAV/STROBE LIGHTS....JUST KILLS ME!

Guest MD11ME

WOW I thought this was it true love and then....I look at the outside view I get the FS cartoon orb-like nav and strobe lites....it just kills me on a plane so pretty to see these orbs on my wings.....nav and strobe lites should be small but bright just like in real life. Out of the 30 or so add-ons (high end) I own I have only seen this key detail on just a few. Please PSS fix this....please. What is the use in so much detail and yet this still is a problem I see with so many add-ons....for me its like a supermodel with bad breath....sorry so harsh but I'm sure thare are many who can agree....:-( you're truly 757 driver

Guest Phoenix5

Please sign your post as per the forum guidelines.Your concerns will be passed to the development team.

Guest Phoenix5

Due to the wing flex animations and FS9 limitations we can not make any changes to the nav/strobe lights.

Guest MD11ME

To all I have found a halo file that will the giant orb nav light problem. Avsim.com- Airport Lighting Version 2 screen attached let me know what you think!

Guest MD11ME

I forgot to mention along with the above halo file I changed my FS9.CFG file to the following:FS9.cfg -RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.5RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=1.5 RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=1.5 RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=2.0You're CFG file might not have these lines if you have not added scenery packeges if not just add them to the vary top.***please backup old config and halo file incase you want to change back to the original setup. Ruben Romero

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.