Sign in to follow this  
ahinterl

757 VNAV problems

Some small questions that I ask someone to comment please:1.On my test flight LPPS to LPMA, I didn't get T/C and T/D displayed anywhere (ND and FMC). Is this not implemented?2.After T/O, VNAV didn't aim for CRZ ALT 6000 but instead went into a dive! VNAV page reported CLB mode though.3.No speed restrictions were met (speed bug didn't go to the speed defined as a constraint).4.CG% entry in FMC results in a trim setting way out of green band.5.On approach, even with speeds well above maneuver speed for a given flap setting, nose is extremely high (I think somewhere between 7 and 9 deg).6.I wasn't able to enter speed only/alt only constraints in the FMC, is this by design?Andreas

Guest Phoenix5

Hello,4. Known issue passed back to relevant team membersThe other issues with exception to number 6 maybe related to the manner you set up the sim and/or loaded the aircraft; to allow proper system initialisation (http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk/default.asp?pss=faq&pagetype=displayfaq&id=8)Did you program the FMC correctly with the proper weights, was the aircraft trimmed correctly.6. I will look at on my next flight, but I do not recall having any issues with this function.

I'll try to collect more detailed infos (maybe with screenshots) to better document my troubles.Thank you anyway.Andreas

Guest boxjockey99

Just a quickie ref problem no. 6 The FMC on the B757 doesn't allow the input of speed restrictions without an ALT restriction. So you can put in an ALT constraint on its own or an ALT AND SPEED contraint but not a SPEED constraint only. This is a real pain in the real jet particularly when the B737 FMC does allow it but hey ho! Kris

Kris,Many thanks for this post. Others have suggested that the FMC was incorrect in this area and it has been difficult for those of us without 757 experience to comment authoritatively.Great to hear it "from the horse's mouth"Best WishesJohn Rooum

Guest boxjockey99

We aim to please, if it makes you feel better, I still try to do it even after a year on the thing! god how I miss the update 10.5 FMC in the B737! Still I prefer the massive engines, brakes and flight deck in the 75 so its not all bad!Kris

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.