Sign in to follow this  
Guest MD11ME

757 Flight dynamics

Guest MD11ME

I wanted to know if the different models RR/PW or 200/300 or winglet version had their true flight dynamics simulated or was it one general flight file for all the variants. Example: I know that the 757-200 winglet version has a higher cruise altitude at lower fuel consumption than the standard 200. It would be cool if it did. I love this aircraft and thanks PSS for a great package with the different models and liveries included...nice treat!Ruben RomeroFS9 "THE LAST TRUE SIMULATOR"

I looked over all the air files closely and I could find absolutely no bit of difference between them other than the fact they had different names. So the only difference between your RR and PW 757s are different gauges on your cockpit and a different model. I guess Rob Young didn't have time to do anything else. ;-)They may be tagging the winglets with the entry in the [AIRCRAFT GEOMETRY] section in the .cfg. Also, the static thrust is slightly different in the aircraft.cfg for the engine variations, but I would have hoped he'd have invested more time into the 1500 series tables for each engine variation. edit by MOD: No need to shout.

Guest Phoenix5

To answer your question Rob Young is curerently looking at the FDE to see if it can be tweaked any further.

In the spirit of cooperation I'd love to offer my services, free of any sort of obligation from PSS or Rob, to the FDE tweaking. Please give Rob Young my email address:jochenheiden@san.rr.comAfter thoroughly reviewing the FDE I have a number of suggestions and/or fixes to offer him and maybe we can work together to produce another patch for the community.

Good Newsthe PSS 757's dynamics are poorly modeled. Refer to my posts about VNAV climb.I also recently noticed a strong "crab" behaviour when strong crosswinds are encountered. I did not notice this on other addons.A question to finish:Is the "Intercept" function modeled in the FMC. I did not find it by maybe it is somewhere?RegardsGhiom Viguie

Hi Ghiom, the ability to intercept an airway or your route is there. In the pegasus fmc used on the 757 there was no key function for this. If you are flying the aircraft on hdg select mode on a heading towards your planned route and your arm LNAV it will be shown in white in the FMA below HDG SEL and as you intercept the planned route (magenta line) LNAV will become active. I hope that helps Steve

Guest Phoenix5

"I also recently noticed a strong "crab" behaviour when strong crosswinds are encountered. I did not notice this on other addons."Crabbing is a real issue faced by pilots, and covered intensively in the aircraft manual written by Boeing, and individual operators.De-crabbing and side slipping during the flare can be a real spectacle to watch if get to go spotting on a windy day.

Thank you for the "intercept" advice.Regarding the crabbing, the one I am referring to is during high altitude cruise. Not at all to the same extent for the 777LR. Sometimes 10-15 degrees off-set.RegardsGhiom Viguie

Guest Mr Chips

I haven't tried this, but I noticed in other addons that tried to represent a reasonable engine out asymmetric dynamic that the side effect is impacted yaw behaviour. Perhaps this is the case here? Although 10-15 degrees heading delta with a full cross wind component seems fairly reasonable with upper winds.

I think you're confusing crabbing with a wind correction heading.Like Mr. Chips said, depending on the wind intensity and its direction you may have to fly a significantly different heading to maintain the desired track. That has NOTHING to do with the FDE.

Guest MD11ME

Maybe there will be some kind of airfile update for the different variants. The flight dynamics realy seem kind of generic as if I have the realism setiings down or somthing. I also get that crabbing effect at high altitude. I love this plane but it does seem that the 777 had a little more time with the beta team. Just the little things that make me wonder, like the strobes seem odd and no wing or flap vortex effects....mmmmm.Ruben Romero "FS9 THE LAST TRUE SIM"

Ruben,Grateful if you {and perhaps Ghion} would explain "that crabbing effect" in more detail then I can try and reproduce it.I assume that you are aware of the relationship between heading and track so that this must be something different.RegardsJohn Rooum

Guest MD11ME

The crabbing effect that I am speaking of is when the plane is flying on a heading and you're trying to take a cool screen shot and then it gets hit by the biggest gust of wind in FS history and the plane yaws 10-20 to the left or right and then banks like a fighter jet to correct itself......:(Does this about 4-5 times a flight.Ruben Romero

Samr for me.heading some 15-20 degree left or right of the track.Theoretcailly OK, but I believe excessive, compared to the 777LR and other addons. Anot not only in case of strong aloft winds.Personnaly, I can libe with this. The biggest problem to me is related to the VNAV climbs and descents, and the de-rated climb effects, which are not taken into account, I believe.Regards,GhiomNote:The 757 is very good for all approah/landing phases, especially, GS and LOC tacking, speed reduction.

Sounds like you need to get your high altitude winds aloft under control. This has nothing to do with the flight dynamics of any simulated aircraft. FS will kill you with wind gusts and rapid wind direction changes. Registered version of FSUPIC will fix this with wind smoothing for FS9. No wind smoothing is yet available for FSX.Jim Harnes

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.