Sign in to follow this  
Guest MD11ME

757 Flight dynamics

Or buy Active Sky 6. This is not FDE related. The response of the aircraft with course corrections is one thing, but since these rapid high altitude windsheers are not realistic, don't expect the plane's response to them to be either.

Guest MD11ME

Good point......Well back to the topic I still think the flight dynamics should be correct for the different variants:)I mean how real the planes systems are and then there's always something left out, never do we get a complete palne.....and how well does active sky work does it make flying in weather feel realistic.Ruben Romero

Hi Ruben, I am delighted that Rob and Steven are working on the FDE's to improve the flight dynamics of the 757, which at the moment is a good model but being greedy I want great :( However I can't see how at the moment PSS can produce accurate FDE's for winglet models when the figures Boeing provide are themselves sketchy, approx 5% fuel saving, possibly 200m extra range, improved performance at high altitude airfields and possible increase on payloads. Most of those improvements could be see by just changing the way we fly the aircraft using real world cost index's and airline procedures to maximise engine life and fuel savings.In time there might be sufficient data to model improvements, but at the moment I think Rob needs a lot more info on power setting's and climb rates to be able to give us something worthwhile, One look at the A380 models available for FS and we can see what happens when you don't have all the information. Oh and once you use active sky you won't fly any other waySmooth landings Steve

Ruben,Steve has it very right. Manufacturers try to ensure minimum changes between models to reduce crew and other operating costs and I suspect that the law of diminishing returns applies here - is the data available to differentiate the FDE between the 12 different 757 models and, if so, is it worth the all effort to possibly get a very small change which very few customers will appreciate or even notice?Regards to allJohn Rooum

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.