Sign in to follow this  
Guest napo

C.G. and T/O trim set

Guest napo

where can I find the correct trim adjust in take off depending of the % C.G.?Fernando

Take-off page in FMC. Just input your current CoG value (from load editor) and FMC will calculate proper value of takeoff trim.BestGwidon

Except that, unfortunately, it does not seem to be reliable.Everytime, I feel like I should have put more trim...RegardsGhiom

Hi Ghiom,Why does it not seem reliable?Why do you feel that you need to put in more trim?John R

Because after lift-off, the A/C overshoots V2+15 unless I really pull the yoke. On other addons, if you set the trim properly, I believe you don't need the yoke, unless for lift-off.Am I correct?Regards,ghiom

Ghiom"On other addons, if you set the trim properly, I believe you don't need the yoke, unless for lift-off"Unless you are in autopilot, you always need the yoke. If the trim is set correctly for V2+15, you still need to fly the aircraft to the correct pitch attitude - the aircraft should then hold this pitch attitude with little pressure on the stick. But, of course, as you clean up the aircraft or start a turn, it will all change and you will need to re-trim.I've just done a couple of departures in the freighter with full and empty payload and full fuel and the aircraft rotated well at the right point and was reasonably in trim at v2+15.Just to check, I will try some other configurations later.Remember - you are in charge of the aircraft so make sure it does what you want!Good LuckJohn

Guest coolfront55

The trim settings are wrong. When I put CoG% 25 it says adjust trim to 7.25. That is NOT right.George

Guest NormanB

Whilst I am no longer part of the PSS team, it doesn't preclude me from answering.How exactly do you define that when the CoG is 25 that the trim can't be 7.25? You do realise that these two are not directly related in that its completely possible to have completely different values dependant on the traffic load?

Hi Norman, how are you? I am very happy to see you here again...I hopr you are well now.Regards.Miquel Egea.

>Whilst I am no longer part of the PSS team, it doesn't>preclude me from answering.>>How exactly do you define that when the CoG is 25 that the>trim can't be 7.25? >>You do realise that these two are not directly related in that>its completely possible to have completely different values>dependant on the traffic load?>Hi Norman!I think a Trim of 7.25 is out off the green Band. Ralf

Intel I7-6700K@4.2GHz,ASUS GTX 1080 Strix,Samsung 4K TV  

Ralf Zimmermann

>>Whilst I am no longer part of the PSS team, it doesn't>>preclude me from answering.>>>>How exactly do you define that when the CoG is 25 that the>>trim can't be 7.25? >>>>You do realise that these two are not directly related in>that>>its completely possible to have completely different values>>dependant on the traffic load?>>>>Hi Norman!>I think a Trim of 7.25 is out off the green Band.>> RalfYes it is, barely. 7 is the lower limit, and 2 is the upper.And, for 25% MAC, the limits are roughly 5 for 260 ton and heavier, and 3.50 for 160 ton and lighter. Tom

Guest coolfront55

Thanks Ralf, Thats exactly correct. (Good to hear from you Norman, God speed).When the payload in the 757 CDU asks for a CoG%, if you insert 25% the trim is 7.25 and is out of green takeoff trim. I still fly this beauty, just waitng for PSS to be the leader in realistic flight.Peace, George

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.