Sign in to follow this  
ghiom

CLB1, CLB2

HelloStill looking forward to a perfect 757.There has been a lot of discussion about this subject. My question is:are de-rated Climbs (CLB1 and CLB2) really modeled?If not, is there a plan for it?If yes, is there a patch for it? It does not seem to work... Does not seem, I said.Thank you PSSRegardsGhiom Viguie

Hi Ghiom De-rated climb values are modelled in version 1.2. If you look at the EPR rating for CLB, CLB 1, CLB 2 you will see the amount of pwr available in each is different. This is how it works in the aircraft and in a fully loaded 757 climbing at the higher altitudes you would expect to change from CLB 2 to CLB 1 as the rate of CLB falls at the altitudes higher. What may makes this more obvious to users is when the FDE's are tweaked by Rob using real world data. Steven has already stated they are looking at this issue with data being gathered by really world crews, so for the moment we just need to be patient. Smooth landings Steve Masson

Thank you for your replies.I just wanted to make sure these issues were looked at.I am glad they are.Since you know a lot about what is going on, can you tell me if the following will be added to the FMC:- LNAV captured on pre-set intercept heading- Wind data for take off, cruise and descend.- the issue described in a very recent post regarding RWY/STAR selection- auto-tuning of the speed bugs (just lazy).PS: i know these have noting to do with the fde tweaking.Regards,Ghiom Viguie

Hi Ghiom, All the information as to what is happening with the 757 is here in the forum's. Steven has been keeping us all informed with any worked being carried.I personally can't see any changes being made to the FMC functionality as these are not bugs but items that haven't been modelled or have been partially modelled. With various versions of the Pegasus FMC software in use on the 757's currently in service which version should they model and where do you draw the line on accuracy and functions people use on more advanced FMC's on aircraft like the 747-400. Sorry I couldn't be more help Steve Masson

Ghiom,"auto-tuning of the speed bugs (just lazy)."If you do a search you will see that this has been raised before - rw 757 pilots do it this way which is why PSS have it so modelled.John Rooum

Thank you for your replies.Regarding the speed bugs settings, I know how they do in the real life. However, this is a sim, and I have very certain that it is 10 times easier to do it with you finger on the real thing then with a mouse on a 1cm2 monitor area. This would be a feature that would not affect realism. Other addons have it and no one has ever complain.I understand it is just a personnal request, not a must. There are other priorities.I am just thinking of things that would make PSS 757 the best to my opinion.RegardsGhiom

Come on Ghiom, realism is everything what is the point of months of reasearch with real world crews and then PSS model the aircraft based on what makes life easier. Make the effort my friend and enjoy the early pegasus FMC, after all it is only 3 LSK's Take care Steve Masson

>Come on Ghiom, realism is everything what is the point of>months of reasearch with real world crewsDo you really think it took them "months of reasearch with real world crews" to find out that the speed bugs don't auto tune? ;)

I know they do not auto-tune.I am just asking for a facility.Some other addons, among which the best (not to mention Level-d, Feelthere) have this feature and noone has ever urged the developpers to remove them because not realistic...My opinion onlyRegardsGhiomBut I agree, there are a lot of other priorities 1st.

Guest Phoenix5

Well I never thought I would see a request for us to add something not found on the real plane... thanks for bringing a smile to my day.

Guest bbain

For what it's worth...I will by this plane if the FDE gets brought up on par with the planes by LevelD, PMDG, feelthere, etc. I know the 757's performance must be hard to model but from reviews and such it seems to be the achilles heel of this plane. Add in wing views and I would buy it in a heartbeat.Ben

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.