Sign in to follow this  
Guest andrew59it

757 deleting stars

Guest andrew59it

Hi all,I have a little question for you. I didn't find an answer on the forum untill now. With the 757 I have choosed a runway with a stars for the arrival airport into the CDU. Now I want to delete the stars but it seems impossible. I'm able to change the stars with another one, but not able to delete it. Which is the correct procedure to do it?Thanks in advanceAndrea

Same problem here.Thank you for highlighting it, hoping PSS will manage.In the same vain, if you select a STAR with a runway and later you change the runway, the whole STAR is loaded again and added to the remaining flightplan! not quite the real world I guess.Thank youRegardsGhiom Viguie

Hi Andrea and Ghiom, There are 2 issue here one is the ability to remove the star that has been previously selected, without selecting another one. In the real aircraft this would be done by selecting LSK star then LSK erase function, unfortunately this is not fully modelled. It does look in the FMC that the star has been unselected but as you don't get an exec option the information is not updated on the active route(as it would be in the real aircraft). You can remove the way points from the legs page or just select direct to the rw in question. Selecting another runway and(or) another star, isn't a problem and is very straight forward If you are given another rw and(or) star. You just select the rw and(or) the required star and hit exec and the active route will be updated. I hope that helpsSteve Masson

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.