Sign in to follow this  
miguelpp

777 Patch

Hi Steven; how far is the patch (not FSX compatibility )for the 777?Thanks in advance.Miquel Egea.

Guest Phoenix5

Miquel,At this time we are working on the B757 functionality issues, i.e. issues that detract from the usability of the product. Any further updates for B777 would be incorporated into a FSX upgrade.

Guest Dutch64

Does this mean there won't be a patch for the remaining issues with the 777 for FS9 anymore? I hope it's not what you're trying to say because I won't be flying FSX for at least another year but do like to fly a finished 777 in FS9 ;)Martin

Guest coolfront55

ditto.george

Guest Phoenix5

Guys, You are reading too much into my comments. If we patch the plane and incorporate this into the FSX upgrade, then of course it goes into the FS9 version.

Guest Dutch64

Ok, thanks Steven.Martin

Guest coolfront55

Yes thanks Steven, We are just wanting PSS to be the ULTIMATE best developers in as real as it gets Flight simulation. In my opinion, you are almost there.a wana be real pilot,george

Hope that the fix for the caution aurals during engine start/shutdown that was applied to the 757 will also be part of any 777 patch.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest Phoenix5

Kevin,It *should* have that included.

Guest paologi1

Any news on the patch??????I am also suffering from the warning sound that comes up all the time during cockpit preparation and until there is a solution I am not inclined to fly this aircraft. Pity ,since it seems rather good for the rest of it. Still I am curious if there are other users that don't have this problem. Maybe ther is a silly answer to this problem??Cheers,Paolo

Guest Phoenix5

Hello,Work continues on the B777 patch. The warning sounds will be fixed in the patch.

Steven and all,Not sure if these things have been mentioned before now, so apologies if these have. There are a few things which are still bugging me RE 777, after flying it the best part of 24hrs a day currently:1. Autothrottle.As we all know the 777 is flown with the autothrottle on 99.9% of the time. (like an Airbus, only better = autothrottle on during landing) Upon landing the throttles close automatically from about 25-30ish ft Radio Altitude so that the throttles are closed on landing (Non-Precision and Precision approaches). Currently, they close late and rather abruptly, if at all.2. Autoland.Still a bit hard (lack of flare, bit late), could be made better. ILS Tracking could also be improved. PS Missing a minimums callout at DH. (To be more specific, several radio altimeter callouts, which was meant to have been fixed prior to release)3. FMC/CDU End Of Route.This should not happen until 30 seconds after touchdown. This is to stop the FMC Data being deleted in case of a GA when the weight on wheels switch has been triggered (accidental touchdown, during GA procedure). Currently happens far to early, or even still airborne!4. VREF on approach page/Flap retraction speeds.Currently when you go into the approach page, it gives you VREF speeds for your predicted landing weight, that's wrong! It should give the VREF at your PRESENT weight, and allow a manual entry of weight to calculate a landing speed. The manual weight is automatically deleted on changing the FMC page, however it keeps any speed programmed into it (calculated by manually entered lower weight). This is also probably the factor, when at MTOW/higher takeoff weights, the FMC doesn't command minimum speed speed (VREF30 +80Kts), but 250kts, because flap retraction/extension is down to speed above VREF. The FMC Should ALWAYS Command 250Kts or Minimum clean speed, which ever is HIGHER when at or below 10,000ft.5. FMC Fuel Calculation.When I put in my ZFW, Fuel and all the other info like CI, Step climbs etc, the FMC should predict a fuel remaining at destination. 99.9% of the time it reads 0.0 and climbs during the flight, that's wrong. It should give a prediction before departure and change during the flight depending on your flights progress. It doesn't go from reading 0.0 at minute one of a flight to reading 7.8 tonnes 7 or 8 hours later! I wouldn't be surprised if the fuel changed by 1 tonne either way in flight, but 7 or 8 is completely wrong!6. LNAV/HDG Select/LOC over-run.Aircraft tends to overshoot the required heading/track and turns back, could do with sharpening up.CheersEDIT:- Just done a Non-Precision approach into Antigua VOR/DME 07. On disconnecting the Autopilot, I got a "No Autoland" EICAS Memo, that shouldn't display as there is no ILS tuned, and Approach has never been armed! If I was fully coupled below 1500ft RA in a CAT 3 Autoland state then I would understand, but on a Non-Precision approach, not right!

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.