Sign in to follow this  
miguelpp

777 Patch

Steven, your not going to like me but a few more things I've noticed:7. ARPT on ND/ALTN FMC Page.I've got airfields showing which can't even take a 777 in case of a divert. Any change you can get the Gauge changed show it dosn't show airfields with a runway shorter than 7000ft? I was over southern France this afternoon, and I had airports on the ND and in my ALTN List, which have runways less than 6000ft! I wouldn't want to try that in the case of an emergency overweight landing!8. VNAV Decent.Aircraft starts its decent fine, speed is good, but once it gets towards constraints its struggling. BIG3B into LHR for example FL150 at TIGER and MSL+1 at BIG.Inital decent was fine, FL150 at TIGER. Then a sudden dive to maintain the "profile" (Defiantly not the correct profile) causing an overspeed. Almost at FL100 the aircraft levelled off to get 250kts below 10, at this point I'm now 5000+ feet below the correct (and now indicated) profile. How can I go from on profile to 5000ft+ in a second? I was level at MSL +1 about 10nm before BIG, which is NOT what I wanted, I wanted a CDA adhering to the profile of the STAR which the aircraft didn't do.Cheers

Guest pierre974

I second all of the "remarks".It would be so great if the upcoming patch could solve most of those remaining issues. We would then have a great 777 in our virtual hangar.Hope PSS will take this into account and strive to deliver the best aircraft as possible within a flight simulator.In my opinion, the autothrottle issue is the most important one, with the autoland profile...Nonetheless, I'm a proud supporter of PSS.

Ian,I've just been looking at the BIG3B problem - a good exercise for my re-built system.I had exactly the same problem flying BIG3B into EGLL; however I planned the route, the VNAV did some very odd things. OTOH I found that other STAR into EGLL were flown with no problems.I couldn't see anything wrong with the Navdata STAR file but realised that I was still using the original PSS Navadata download {a new install of FS9 etc}. I updated to the latest SID/STAR files that I had from the Navdata site and found that the 777 then flew BIG3B with no problems. I have now tried on 3 routes from different cruise heights.By the way, this has included 8 ILS to full stop in AP with the pedestal in view from 100 ft. In each case, the ILS tracking was spot on and the throttles retarded to idle at the "30 feet" call.RegardsJohn Rooum

Guest w9xe

I would like to see if the patch may also include the use for the GoFlight MCP Pro.

BUMP and ditto Here's hoping for a SP3 release, sooner than later. BTW Mr. piemalet I love your Youtube videos. Are they anyware to be found for download??

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.