Sign in to follow this  
Guest orion12076

troubles running the setup exe. file for PSS 777

Guest orion12076

Just purchased the download for PSS 777 for 2004. This might not be an issue, but I've got to ask anyways. When I run the setup exe. file I get the message "cannot access data server...try again later." I thought maybe it was my firewall or antivirus, so I turned them all off. Unfortunately I get the same message. Am I doing something wrong or is the server actually down or busy? I'm on LAN T1/cable modem, so my internet is always connected.

Hi If you could try accessing the files with the firewall down and the Av software off. I just checked the website and I can download the files atm. If that doesn't work please let me know and could you remember to sign your post please. Steve Masson

I assume that this happened at the "set up will now connect to the internet stage"?We have seen it before and it was suggested that a proxy might be the culprit - unfortunately he was asked to e-mail support so the eventual solution was not on the forum.John R

Guest Phoenix5

Try this:Close all firewalls and virus checkers Clear any temp files created by the installIf using winXP make sure you have admin. privileges assignedIn Explorer Tools- Folder Options-OFF-LINE FILES make sure that it is activeAlso if on WinXP make sure you are logged in with administrative privilegesAlso in the IE settings make sure "use proxy server for connection on" is switched off!Also shut down any programs like Norton or McAfee System Suites, these types of programs will still operate in the background even when switched off, they need to be totally disabled.

Guest orion12076

Thanks guys for all the advice. Ended up being my AdSubtract program for pop ups. Silly me. Problem corrected.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.