Sign in to follow this  
Guest F16wannabe

Strange Texture issue

Guest F16wannabe

Hello,Just got the 757 and liveries package the other day. Successful install, so far only a few problems are occuring. When im doing a flight, and im at cruise, when i go to the spot plane view, the aircraft textures are all grey except for the logo. I have tried the American Airlines RR 200 and the Delta Airlines 757-200 repaints. I have done about 10 flights now and everytime the textures turn grey. Also when on approach, when under 10,000 ft. the the simulator goes from about 28-30 fps to about 1-5. It happens everytime where the sim is so laggy that I will just quit beause you can't do anything when your flying at 1-5 fps. I'm pretty computer savvy, have all the latest updates, virus clean, spyware clean, and defragged. Windows XP Home with latest updates SP2ATI 800XL 256 MBAMD 4000XP 64 bitMaxtor 200GB 7200 rpm HD2GB Corsair DDR400 RAMSound Blaster X-FI Extreme Gamer 64 XRAMEverything is up to date, this has never happened on any other payware product. I also own the 777 and the airbus from you guys and this hasn't happened to those aircraft ether. Any help would be greaty appreciated!Robert Treat

Hi Robert, I don't have those liveries installed, but I will grab them and try and replicate those issues, perosnally I would blame Chris MacPalmer :D I hope to have some results for you soon Steve Masson

Guest F16wannabe

Thanks Steve! Chris did work for McDonalds, I think they made a hamburger named MacPalmer? I donno how to do the trademark sign lol!Have a good day!Robert

Steve,Look particularly at the AA livery - that was one of the problem ones in the original release [it was going into the wrong aircraft.]John REdit - just got back to my own system and I have both AA texture installed ok.RobertIs your problem that the textures are ok to start with but you lose them during the flight?

Guest F16wannabe

John,Yes the textures all start out great, and then when im in midflight, they just go grey, except the tail logo. I'm doing a flight right now from KATL-KSAN, just over halfway done, FPS are fine, but the textures are messed up. I got msn and im off for the rest of the day if you want to hit me up on that...Thanks for the help!RobertEdit:I haven't flown the 757-300 yet, or any other liveries in the 200 series besides Delta 2004 and the AA

Guest F16wannabe

This is a screenshot i just took for reference.167680.jpg

Robert, Got a couple of things to sort here then I will give you a shout and see if we can sort the problems Steve

Guest F16wannabe

Sounds good! Thank you sir!

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.