Sign in to follow this  
philbrown

Some 757 problems/queries

Major Problem:VNAV descent. There were two waypoints between my calculated TOD and EOD (the EOD created by inserting a level constraint into the FMC). I was descending using V/S, but flying with reference to the FMC calculated descent profile. However, when I reached the first waypoint, I jumped from being on the descent profile, to being 2300ft below it. Reduced the rate of descent, and re-intercepted the profile, but again on passing the second waypoint, I jumped to 3800ft below. Seems the altitudes for waypoints between TOD and EOD were not being calculated properly.Initial Climb. Gross weight was just under 200,000lbs. Even at CLB2, the autopilot was commanding 4300fpm on the initial climb, and the speed was still increasing to reach 250kts. On reaching 250ks, it would have been even higher! Minor Problems/issues:Thrust during climb. Once the derates have been washed out, the engines run up slowly to about 95-96% N1 during the climb. But they stop there. It causes very high climb rates at low levels, but once I'm about 30,000ft, climb rates drop to 1000fpm or less. Aren't the engines supposed to slowly increase the available power during the climb to prevent this from happening? I'm not sure about this to be honest. If I'm told this is what actually happens, fair enough.Exterior lights. I'm aware that FS9 has a problem with wing lights and flexing wings. But the 777 had no problem with the strobes, yet the 757 does (I think this only happens in the air. On the ground they seem normal). Also, it seems like I've got anti-collision beacons. One pulses as normal, but there seems to be another one that comes on and stays on for a few seconds.FMC FIX's and ND PLAN view. Mentioned this problem with the 777 many moons ago. Disappointed that it also occurs in the 757. Entering a FIX in the FMC FIX page, and then viewing it in the PLAN mode on the ND, will cause it to become disconnected from where it should be.Doors. A few of the doors take a few minutes to close, despite panel indications that they are closed. (Rear hatch exit version - Doors 1L, 3L, Cargo2).SID to airway transition. As with the 777, my last flight (EGNM-LEAL. POL SID) had the plane turning from POL (end of the SID) to BARTN about 3-4 miles early.Questions:CLB 1/2. Is it possible to arm these modes on the ground. In the Level D 767, on the ground selecting CLB1 or CLB2 will arm that mode, but keep TO (or D-TO) active, whereas in the PSS 757 it will make CLB1 or CLB2 active.Altitude tape. In both the 757 and 777, the altitude tape increases in increments of 10. I can't say I've ever seen a picture where this is the case - it's always increments of 20.ILS radio. Does the 757 have a separate ILS radio as with the 767? On the LVLD 767, you cannot enter an ILS on the nav radio to the left of the autopilot, which is what you have to do with the 757.

Phil"Major Problem"This has been noted on this forum many times. PSS are well aware of it and have full details."Minor Problems/Issues"I will have a look shortly - my FS system is open at the moment having a HDD transplant!RegardsJohn Rooum

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.