Sign in to follow this  
Scott Miller

PSS 777 Professional Problems

First off, I need to be able to manually tune vor/ils frequencies on the Nav radios for the the 777 Professional I just bought! I didn't find the Nav radios on the radio panel where they normally are located. Apparently, according to a forum message I found on Just Flight's web site, the Nav radios are suppose to be tuned via the FMS. I haven't learned how to program the FMS yet and I prefer to fly using the MCP anyway.I would have posted this message on that forum but you have to be a registered member to post messaged (just like here). I would have been happy to register but there doesn't appear to be anyway (that I could find) to do that!At any rate, if someone could fill me in on how to manually tune the nav radios on the 777 Professional, I'd appreciate it! Otherwise I'm dead in the water! Another problem I've discovered is that on loading the 777 Pro the popup panels (center console, radio, FMS, etc.) will sometimes popup BEHIND the main panel. Only the overhead panel doesn't do this. In any case this obviously makes it rather difficult to use the the popup panels! Now this problem doesn't happen very time I load a PSS 777. When it does happen and I load a different version the problem usually goes away. Sometimes it happens after switching from one 777 Pro version to another. It sometimes takes several attempts to get the problem to go away. I discovered this problem after installing the SP1 and SP2 updates and thought they might be the cause so I uninstalled the PSS 777 Pro. I then reinstalled it but didn't reinstall the SPs. Unforunately the problem was still there. Is there a way to cure this problem? Otherwise I'm going to have to try to shame Flight 1 into taking it back as defective...Between these two problems,I'm beginning to get that sinking feeling that I make a mistake buying the 777 Professional instead of the Wilco 777 (I've already put in an order for it)...Thanks,Scott

Hi Scott, I understand how you feel and at the moment the thought of using the FMC is daunting. For the moment changing freq on the radios via the FMC couldn't be easier and doesn't require the complete FMC to be programmed.1. Select FMC from the panel switcher2. Select NAV RAD3. Using the key pad on the fmc type the frequency you want remembering to add the decimal point. 4. To put the freq in to the box select the button beside the right or left freq. Line select 1 left or 1 right and bingo your freq's are added To help with the issue with the panel popping up in the wrong manner remember to start the aircraft with the default fs flight engines running. This topic offers helphttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=19419&mesg_idWhen you are ready to learn to use the FMC just give me a shout it will increase your enjoy of the aircraft and something you won

Scott,Glad you made it across from the FS9 forum.Just to add to Steve's post - have you got the 777 Tutorial and Flight? I used it when the 777 first came out and if you follow it in detail it covers everything you need to know about the FMC.Good LuckJohn R

Thanks for the help, Steve! I'll check out the link! I'm sure I'll need all the help learning the FMC I can get (G)!Scott

BTW, Steve, I have FS2004 setup to load a PMDG B737-800 with the engines running at startup. Even so, when I switch to a PSS 777 Pro the problem with the the pop up panels occurs or occurs when I switch to a different PSS 777 Pro aircraft after that...Scott

Hi, John!No, I don't have the 777 tutorial. Where can I get it? Is it in the AVSIM library?Scott

Check the PSS website for product manuals. I only have the 777LR, and the tutorial manual is PSS772LRkbfi, there may be ones for the other models but I expect this one covers at least 90% of whst you need. Hope this helps.Ron

Ron Service

Yes, I was able to follow Steve's link. It works alright. It's unfortunate, though, that one has to jump through hoops like that to get around a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place. No other payware or freeware aircraft I've ever seen requires this. Oh well, I guess I'll just live with it...Don't get me wrong though, I do appreicate the help you and Steven have given me!BTW, I when I was at PSS's web site I discovered that there is an FS2002 version of the 777 Pro available. I still fly FS2002 so I downloaded the FS2002 version along with most of the liveries available for it. I actually like it better than the FS2004 version in some ways. For one, you can manually tune vor/ils frequencies without touching the FMS. The FS2002 version has at least one problem of it's own, however. Namely, when the plane is loading the main landing gear tires sink into the tarmac up to the wheel rim. Any idea how to fix this?Scott

Hi Scott, One default flight to laod the aircraft isn't really jumping through hoops, once you have saved a flight from there you don't need to do that again. For what it's worth I would give the fs2004 version ago, it will be upgrade to FSX in the future and while a lot of people are not using FSX at the moment when the time comes you will have an aircraft you are comfortable with. Good luck Scott

Hi Scott!Oh, I'll probably hang on to 777 Pro even though having to load the default flight first is a royal pain. I'm still getting the Wilco 777 just the same.I did save a flight (two, in fact) but found that when I load either the pep up panel problem still occurs frequently. Sometimes it will go away if I load one of the other variants that are included in the package. If I try reloading the previous variant (or load the remaining variant), though, the problem usually (but not always) comes back...I don't plan on getting FSX anytime soon, if ever (unless,of course, someone gives it to me as a gift). Perhaps I might get it when FSX winds up in the bargin bin at Best Buy. In the meantime, the scenery in FS2002, when combined with World/US Estreme Lanscape and FS2004 with FS Global 2005 & Ground/Flight Environment still has me captivated and will continue to do so for quite some time I suspect.Between all the time and money I've got invested in hardware and software (both scenery and aircraft) for both FS2002 and 2004, I've got little stomach for throwing it all away and starting over again with FSX. I've been doing this since FS2 came out and the process has really started to get tiresome (to put it mildly)! It was fun, even exciting, when the next version of FS came out, back when FS addons were non-existant or few at best, but these days, with the number of both payware and free addons, as well as FS hardware, reaching mind numbing proportions, the appearance of a new FS version (no matter how great an improvment over the previous version it might be) fills me with dread rather than excitement! Sorry to be such a downer here!Scott

Guest philfab2
Hi Scott! Oh, I'll probably hang on to 777 Pro even though having to load the default flight first is a royal pain. I'm still getting the Wilco 777 just the same. I did save a flight (two, in fact) but found that when I load either the pep up panel problem still occurs frequently. Sometimes it will go away if I load one of the other variants that are included in the package. If I try reloading the previous variant (or load the remaining variant), though, the problem usually (but not always) comes back... I don't plan on getting FSX anytime soon, if ever (unless,of course, someone gives it to me as a gift). Perhaps I might get it when FSX winds up in the bargin bin at Best Buy. In the meantime, the scenery in FS2002, when combined with World/US Estreme Lanscape and FS2004 with FS Global 2005 & Ground/Flight Environment still has me captivated and will continue to do so for quite some time I suspect. Between all the time and money I've got invested in hardware and software (both scenery and aircraft) for both FS2002 and 2004, I've got little stomach for throwing it all away and starting over again with FSX. I've been doing this since FS2 came out and the process has really started to get tiresome (to put it mildly)! It was fun, even exciting, when the next version of FS came out, back when FS addons were non-existant or few at best, but these days, with the number of both payware and free addons, as well as FS hardware, reaching mind numbing proportions, the appearance of a new FS version (no matter how great an improvment over the previous version it might be) fills me with dread rather than excitement! Sorry to be such a downer here! Scott
Just thought I'd throw my two cents in, for what it is worth. I have flown the real 777 and am now a simulator instructor in Sydney on the 777-300ER. This doesn't mean I know more than the rest of the world, but I can say I am not a novice. The 777 PRO is the most fabulous aircraft I have in all my collection of FS9 and FSX. The more you take the time to learn about it, the more you will gasp at just how clever this FS addition really is. It is so amazingly close to the real thing, that I have wanted to use it for training prior to taking guys into the simulator for their formal lessons, but I'm sure there is some copyright that I would be infringing - so I haven't. All you need is to have FS9 set up to start as the default C172 in Seattle. This doesn't mean you have to fly this before you can get to the 777. In fact, you shouldn't. When you first open FS9, go to create a flight, select any of the 777 models, (I use the 300ER) select an airport and you are on your way. This model has several differnt ways to start - I use the one that is 'cold and dark'. This way you get to select all the switches to the correct positions, build a flight plan in the FMS, start the engines, and go fly. This is not the place to spend time explaining all the vagaries of the 777 - but I do have an email and would be more than happy to spend some time explaining to anybody who cares, enough to get you going. As was already stated, the book that came with the DVD is very well put together, and gives step by step instructions in easy language.Happy flying and best regards, Phil philfab2@gmail.com

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.