Sign in to follow this  
Guest LUPilot4God

Autopilot/Autothrottle Issues... 777

Guest LUPilot4God

Hi all,The past week or so, I have been plagued with crashes in flightsim on long haul flights, while I'm away from the computer. A friend and I have been having a competition via FS Passengers and a number of our stops require some serious long distance flying. So for a number of these routes, I've started the flights, seen them safely to cruise and then gone to bed/school.I'll return a few hours later, expecting to find the aircraft (in this case the PSS 777 or the Level D763) paused at their top of descents...instead, I find the aircraft have crashed. So today I decided to stick with FS to see what happened. On a flight from KDFW to KPHX at FL320, I found that after about 15-20 minutes at cruise level, the autopilot was pulling the right throttle to idle, causing the aircraft to slow and descend and stall. The aircraft will recover on its own around 24,000, and then restart the process, eventually stalling again around 18,000 and breaking up at about 10,000. I'm using the CH Flight Sim Yoke, CH Throttle Quadrant, and CH Pedals. I've checked all of their settings and sensitivities and everything is set correctly. Additional programs running in flight sim include a MegaScenery package for the Dallas area, and Flight Environment (neither of which should impact this). I've been flying the PSS777 and LD763 for quite a while and have never had any issues like this before. In this afternoon's test, I also tried turning the autopilot off and hand flying. I found that the right throttle would respond to inputs once the A/P and A/T were turned off. However, the left throttle would stay stuck at approximately 93%N1, regardless of whether the throttle levers were moved idle or full power, left throttle stayed at 93%. Any ideas or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!Hunter

Hunter,When you first load the plane and taxy out, I assume that both throttles are reacting correctly to your inputs?Subsequently, say after you have engaged the autopilot, do you use the "E" key for anything?John Rooum

Guest Phoenix5

I occasionally have a similar issue with PMDG 744 and the aircraft "falling" out of the sky to recover some 10 - 12000 lower, and in my case I was able to pin it down to activesky and the way it modelled high altitude temps and winds when it could not find a ground station in range.As to the throttle sync, I think John is on the right answer, and you may wish to assign a throttle sync key in FSUIPC.

Guest LUPilot4God

The throttles do react normally on the ground, I never have any problem till it gets to cruise, and I haven't hit the 'e' key at all. But I will try setting up a throttle sync key in FSUIPC and see if that helps.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.