Sign in to follow this  
Scott Miller

FS2002 PSS B777 Pro Problem

I purchased and downloaded the FS2002 version of 777 Pro from PSS's web site (a real bargin these days) yesterday. In some ways I like it better than the FS2004 version even if it is limited to the 777-200 variant. It doesn't have the pop up panel problem for one thing. Also, it does have a popup panel that lets you manually tune vor/ils frequencies into the nav radios without touching the FMS. I wish the heck that PSS had left this feature in the FS2004 version!The FS2002 version does have one problem (that I've found so far), though. The tires on the main landing gear sink into the tarmac, when the plane loads, up to the wheel rim!An article in the January 2006 issue of Computer Pilot tells how to fix this "sinking" problem by changing values in the contact_points line for the affected gear in the aircraft.cfg file. However, in the example cited in the article the contact points were labled so you knew which one you had to edit. Unfortunately, the contact points lines in the FS2002 PSS 777 Pro aircraft.cfg file aren't labled so I have no idea which line to edit! If someone ran into this problem back when they were still using FS2002, I'd apprecite it if you could help me out here! Thanks!Scott

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.