Sign in to follow this  
BonanzaDude

Problem with ILS on the PSS 757 v1.2

I purchased the 757 last week and I have been having trouble when intercepting the Localizer. The DEP/ARR section has the correct arrival airport listed and I selected the runway with an ILS approach. The last two flights I have been given vectors to intercept the ILS and nothing happens. I don't see the needles on the HSI and I blow right through the localizer. The LOC button was pushed on the MCP. The NAV RADIO screen shows the correct ILS frequency and course and the word "PARK".I was fortunate enough to have VFR conditions at my arrival airport, so that didn't bother me as I was able to do a visual approach, but I might be inclined to take my PMDG or LevelD out of the hanger until I figure out was is happening.Thanks,John

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

John,If you go to the set up panel and select "set up" - "Airline Options" - "ILS Auto Tuning" you should be ok.The other option is to manually tune using either the FMC - line select up from park - or the VOR panel.Let me know if this does not work for you.RegardsJohn Rooum

John,Thanks for the reply. That didn't help tonight on a flight from KFLL-KIAH. I had 8R setup on the FMC well before I was even in approach mode. When it was time to intercept the LOC, nothing. I had to hand fly the approach. Once again it was VMC so it wasn't that big of a deal, but it is still unfortunate that it doesn't work.John

Hi John, I tested the 757 this afternoon at KIAH and it is one of those airfields that does cause issue with FS data not being as accurate as that of the airac's we have. In the real 757 the only way to tune the ILS is manually in the ILS radio box which in the PSS 757 is only modelled in the VC cockpit. By either switching this ILS box to manual or in 2d cockpit the VOR radio box to manual you can tune the ILS to the desired Freq for runway 8R. Having switched the ILS or VOR box to manual you could if you wished add the freq and course to the FMC NAVRAD page and it will accept it now. Below are a couple of shots showing this.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/168255.gifhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/168258.gifA good link for information on the 757 is http://www.smartcockpit.com/plane/boeing/B757/This contains a lot of the Boeing manuals in PDF format Take care Steve Masson

Steve,Thanks for the response and links. I flew from KPHL-KMIA and had another chance to try out the PSS 757. Still no joy with the "Autoland ILS" frequency. I was on downwind to 8R at 5000' descending to 4000' and I had to manually enter the info in the manual VOR gauge at the top of the altimeter. I did notice that the correct information was listed in the NAV RADIO page of the FMS. the funny this is, was that there was a "PARK" next to the ILS frequency and course indicators. The plane has acted strange on several occassions: "The dep-app airports have changed in mid-flight twice flying from KEWR-KCLE", and just funny things that I haven't noticed on the other payware planes.Thanks again for you response,John

Sign in to follow this