Sign in to follow this  
Guest cypilots

British Airways Textures failed to load.

Guest cypilots

I downloaded the textures for British Airways with the downloader, followed the installation instructions, when checking the aircraft 757-200, I note that the textures have not changed from PSS. Tried uninstalling completely and redownloading, but same result. Any suggestions to solve this welcomed.

cypilot,Is it one particular texture giving problems? I have just downloaded Chelsea Rose as a test with no problems.John Rooum

Guest cypilots

John, Well I downloaded G-BMRI_Flower_Field this did not load. Having seen your message I just tried G-BMRD_Chelsea_Rose, and this aso failed to load.I am at a loss as to why.

1.Can you do a search for the folder:texture.BAW_2000_G-BMRD_Chelsea_Roseto check whether the installer is pointing to the wrong place on your hard drive.2. When the installer completes downloading the texture, does it ask to update the aircraft.cfg files?John Rooum

Guest cypilots

John, The texture you refer to is situated in FS9/Configuration Settings, and is exactly as you quoted it. Yes it asks to update the aircraft cfg files.

Guest Phoenix5

Hi,Texture files should be found in the aircraft folder.e.g. /Fight Simulator 9/Aircraft/PSS-B757xx/texture.xxxx with xx being the aircraft variation of choice, and xxxx is the texture name.

Guest cypilots

Steven, In the Aircraft folder is the following that shows the added textures but still shows as PSS Phoenix when you initiate the AC. B752R. PSS-B752-R C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator 9/Aircraft/PSS-B752. 1. BAW_200_G-BMRI_Flower _Field 2.BAW_2000_GBMRI_Flower_Field.ini.. 3.B752R_OW_PHX.ini,B752R_O_PHX.ini.. 4.B752R_HW_PHX.ini,B752R_HPHX.ini.. The only AC that shows other than the Phoenix textures is the 757-200RR Rear hatch exit which shows as Chelsea Rose. Am I wrong in assuming that when you download the Chelsea Rose textures and use the file to enter the textures all the aircraft should then have the option of using either Phoenix or BA textures.

Not at my FS computer at the moment, but you are wrong in your assumption. The textures are only installed to individual variants within the generic model. So for example Chelsea Rose is installed to the -200 RR Pax Rear Hatch. I suggest that you do a search of all the -200 RR models to see if textures you have downloaded are there.Please post back if you still cannot find them.John Rooum

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.