Sign in to follow this  
qnh

777, FS9 and Vista

HAs anyone got the 777 running in Vista, specifically Vista Home Premium 64-bit?

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest Phoenix5

Sorry Vista killed my machine, so I can not test with vista for a few more weeks until I upgrade my PC.

Guest bjjones

Works fine for me here in Ultimate X64

ok - what video card are you using. I've got a GTX7800 and the gauges are wrong - the 757 seems to work, as does a certain 767.scott

Scott

hmmm, won't load here - errors range from MFC70.DLL to GDIPLUS.DLL - sounds like NVIDIA need to pull their collective fingers out!

Scott

I have just tried the 777 under Vista with nVidia 100.65 drivers with no problem except some flickering on the gauges occassionally.

Mervyn Edwards

Guest andyb.pilot

Hi,My 777-200/300 both work fine I have Vista 64bit ultimate and I have a nVidia Geforce go7300 grapics card.Andy

Can anyone tell me why is this happening???I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit and I already tried 2 video cards (RadeonX300 and Nvidia 7900 GTX)still like this

Guest Phoenix5

Check in your windows/fonts folder for these 2 fonts, baloo.ttf andirs___.ttf Copy them to your desktop then delete them from the fonts folder.Reboot your PC, then copy the fonts back into your windows/fonts folder.If you do not have baloo.ttf and irs___.ttf in the folder email me at the support email address.

Guest theundertaker1998

Also for those running Nvidia and Vista MAKE SURE YOU ARE RUNNING THE VISTA DRIVERS found at Nvidia.comJames

Hi:All the green backlighting on my 777 panel does not work like yours in the pic. Was this patched and I missed it or did you fix this yourself?Maybe I missed a patch cause my FMC doesn't work right either. The TOD never changes after you execute the flight plan no matter if I change destinations or alter the waypoints on the legs page. I would really like to fly my 777.Any info would be appreciated.RegardsRick

Guest Phoenix5

Rick,Download a fresh base installer to ensure you have the latest files, uninstall the current installation and then reinstall from the fresh base installer.Ensure you are loading the aircraft into the sim correctly, as described in our FAQ. If you still have issues email me at the support email address.

PSS:When I hit the uninstall it says unable to load initialization file.RegardsRick

Guest Knikolaes

Watch what version you are installing.If you are installing the just Flight version of the 777, then you will have a flawless plane except the fonts will not install. Each font is $50,00 each on the web (these are NOT freeware fonts by any means) so I had to spend a chunk of my last paycheck to get these for proper installation.I can't give any advice on the download version as I just have the just Flight DVD version, but I can attest that any add-on will work great in Vista as long as you have UAC turned off.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.